ESPN & ABC XFL Full Broadcast teams announced

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: ESPN & ABC XFL Full Broadcast teams announced

Post by MGB01 »

ABC's going to be interesting, cause on one hand they don't have an actual pregame show for college football (they're all, we got Gameday over on ESPN that's enough) and their between game scoreboards pretty much act as it. They didn't for MNF either, the closest they ever came was the one they essentially used to phase out Frank Gifford.

On the other hand they do have one for the NBA.

Since there are no 12:00 starts for FOX/ABC games (I notice that often tends to happen on everything other than the NFL) this I'd imagine wouldn't be a problem.
kennyloggins
Rookie

Re: ESPN & ABC XFL Full Broadcast teams announced

Post by kennyloggins »

Firecop wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:26 pm Maybe a happy medium would be a pregame show aimed at the casual or first time fan. Something with player/coach vignettes and features that introduce the teams, their cities, and their fans. The halftime show could be directed for the more hardcore fans, bettors, and fantasy players. Lots of stats, player comparisons, fantasy moves and the like.

Obviously this would include a hard look at the first half. I know I will blow off the pregame except in the opening weeks but be glued to the screen at half time if it isn't t all fluff.
LOL. Couldn't agree more.