Neutral site for XFL Championship Game

XFL Football discussion.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Neutral site for XFL Championship Game

Post by GDAWG »

LeoNY wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:46 pm
Sounder wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:21 pm I think there's no chance of the NFL allowing this league anywhere near their hollowed ground in Canton.....nor have any interest in detracting from their own draft weekend. They should hold it at the team with home field advantage.....MLS has gone to it and look at the results.....Atlanta sold out last year with better than 73,000......Seattle is sold out completely this year and it happened quickly. The only question is whether they sell enough standing room to push past that. And I'd never change it to nuetral field. Unless perhaps they use the new Vegas stadium without ever placing a team there. Just make it home of the x bowl.
The XFL is already playing games in 4 NFL stadiums. Guess those hallow grounds are on limits.

Where do you suggest DC hosts the championship game if they get there since Audi Field is not available
Maryland Stadium or Navy-Marine Corps Stadium for DC
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

Should go to the team with the best record especially since it’s a new league. It’ll be a good way to reward season ticket holders as well. But, I understand some stadiums aren’t available. So, if I had to choose, San Antonio or Las Vegas would be best (I understand Sam Boyd isn’t available though).
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

I wouldn't worry about where DC would play the championship because they're not getting there.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Sounder wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:13 pm I wouldn't worry about where DC would play the championship because they're not getting there.
Potential Dragons fan talking trash. That’s if you still support the league.

DC has a 1 in 8 chance of getting to the championship. 1 in 4 if they make the playoffs.

From a talent standpoint. The combination of their quarterbacks and running backs makes DC a legit contender. They are going to be one of my picks to make the playoffs out of the East.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

It's just that it would be of great relief if DC doesn't have to worry.....the Dragons will put you in a 0-1 hole......so that's a start.

Yeah I'm still on board.....just a little disappointed with the salaries being on the too low end. Maybe that will change.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

MikeMitchell wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:39 pm
Sounder wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:13 pm I wouldn't worry about where DC would play the championship because they're not getting there.
Potential Dragons fan talking trash. That’s if you still support the league.

DC has a 1 in 8 chance of getting to the championship. 1 in 4 if they make the playoffs.

From a talent standpoint. The combination of their quarterbacks and running backs makes DC a legit contender. They are going to be one of my picks to make the playoffs out of the East.
I think everyone figures that Dallas is going to make the playoffs in the west. The West overall looks better to me on paper. I like DC and NY in the East. Maybe it’s just me but I am not impressed with the Vipers offensive roster. Even though Trestman is tailor made for this league.