Donald Trump endorses the XFL

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Donald Trump endorses the XFL

Post by LeoNY »

D0596778-8B5F-409A-AA74-52B2C292DB73.jpeg
D0596778-8B5F-409A-AA74-52B2C292DB73.jpeg (154.97 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
Vince McMahon tweeted out a For the love of Football post with the XFL teams attached in photo. It has thousands of likes. Donald Trump retweeted Vince’s tweet with the message above.

For some, this can get ugly. I hate politics especially in sports but there’s good and bad with this. The good? The president of the United States tweeted about the XFL. The bad? The president of the United States tweeted about the XFL. Controversy creates attention and cash but you want to avoid this like the plague if you can.

Half the country hates Donald Trump’s guts and pray for the day he is out of office. Half the country voted for him and wants to see him stay on as President. I guess those numbers will be put to the test next November. 55 million people voted for Trump in 2016. So he does have his supporters.

The league has to stay away from politics as much as possible. The league is going to be filled with people who are from all types of backgrounds and political leanings. We know where McMahon stands with Trump. The two have been close friends back when Trump was a Democrat businessman from New York.

It’s been speculated by some that Trump is going to be at the first XFL game on ABC between the Seattle Dragons and the DC Defenders. I think there’s a good chance of this happening. Presidents and politicians routinely show up for big sporting events. But Trump is another animal altogether. Honestly, I’d actually prefer if he didn’t. I don’t want the opening game to be about the National Anthem and politics. Just football please. If Trump shows up, so be it but I’d rather the focus be on the game. Ratings be damned.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Donald Trump endorses the XFL

Post by GDAWG »

Disgusting.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

And?

Hardly a fan but let's remember all these rule changes in the NFL spawned directly or indirectly from 2009, what happened there kiddies? So as long as Trump isn't effectively legislating the game the problem is?

Did we have similar offense to the Speaker of the House's husband preceding Reggie Fowler and David Staral yet somehow avoiding their fates?

I'll give him credit here for invalidating my later Trump tweet😁
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Reluctant to even post on this topic. I share the same belief system of keeping politics out of my sports enjoyment.

I often find that people who are deeply into politics are not that different from die hard fans of sports teams. They will defend or attack at a moment’s notice. Mention the Patriots in conversation and there are those who will praise them effusively and defend their success. Then there are those who will label the Pats as blatant cheaters and as an evil organization.

Trump can like whatever the hell he wants. If he likes drinking coffee. It won’t stop me from drinking it. He has no bearing whatsoever on my Sports or entertainment preferences. I really don’t care what Janet Duch’s political leanings are or who Heather Karatz votes for. Just put out a good football product. That’s all I care about.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

I just note that here he thought Army/Navy was average in 2016 now here he is at LSU/Bama, which if it's anything like 2011, will almost supply one of the 32 NFL teams.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Gee.....and at one point I thought this league really had a chance. The concept was good though.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

k, bye youngorst (and go Toronto)
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

He's obviously trying to help, but Vince really needs to tell him just to stay out of it.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Sounder wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:58 pm Gee.....and at one point I thought this league really had a chance. The concept was good though.
Guess you are going to have to give up on the NFL too. Since the majority of the owners are republican and lean towards Donald Trump. Shahid Khan and others donated money towards Donald Trump. So time to boycott every team in the NFL. The concept was good though for the NFL while it lasted. Even the late Paul Allen has made contributions to both republican and democratic candidates. Time to abandon the Seahawks. It was a good idea while it lasted. Bye Bye NFL. You are cancelled.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:38 pm He's obviously trying to help, but Vince really needs to tell him just to stay out of it.
The WWE has been smart in avoiding this since Trump’s been elected and during his reign as President. Barack Obama has been more celebrated on WWE TV than Trump has since he’s been President.