Missing names from the XFL’s five draft pool lists

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Missing names from the XFL’s five draft pool lists

Post by GregParks »

RB LJ Scott was a name that made the news for having received a draft invite but is not on the pool list.

It's important to note, and I think Leo mentioned this in another thread, that the pool list released is those who ACCEPTED invites, not just those who were invited. So while Nicks and others like Scott may have been invited, they may not have gone through the process to confirm their invite, for whatever reason(s).
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

One player missing from the list is Trayvone Boykin. He doesn't deserve to play in the XFL at all, especially after he was arrested for domestic violence after the Dallas showcase.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

LeoNY wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:08 pm
GDAWG wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:42 am Ryan Mallett got arrested for a DUI last month, so would the XFL still be interested? If not why do you guys have him on your lists still?
It would not surprise me either way. If he is off or on the list. Mallett does have ties to Marc Trestman who coached him with The Ravens. So I could see the league making an exception for him.
They've reduced that to felony convictions—which I think was done to accommodate Manziel since he had a misdemeanor conviction. If Mallett's case is not a felony, he'll still be eligible without any changes. (And what I read is that it was suspicion of DUI. A lot of times there are cops out there where, if there's an auto accident, they'll automatically arrest somebody just to get their fine, and the accused ends up taking a plea deal on a parking or seat belt violation, paying $200 or so, and moving on. I can't say whether or not that's what happened with Mallett, but I haven't heard anything about that case since it happened.)