What are your eight XFL Tier One Quarterbacks?

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

What are your eight XFL Tier One Quarterbacks?

Post by LeoNY »

I am going to put everyone on this board in the shoes of XFL CEO Oliver Luck, The entire XFL football operations department and team staffs. From the personnel departments to the coaching staffs.

Based on who is available out there right now. I would love to see the eight quarterbacks you would offer tier one quarterback designations to.

Here’s mine and judging by the ever changing rosters in the NFL. Half or more could be on NFL rosters by the time, I finish typing this.

1- Colin Kaepernick
2- Johnny Manziel
3- Landry Jones
4- Paxton Lynch
5- Tyree Jackson
6- Brandon Silvers
7- Devlin Hodges
8- Kevin Hogan

You may disagree with the names on this list and Kaepernick wants NFL money. So he’s not happening. Even if you disagree with my names. Give me yours.
Xtremedb3
Running Back

Re: What are your eight XFL Tier One Quarterbacks?

Post by Xtremedb3 »

take out Kaep and Hogan for Mallett and Barrett
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Xtremedb3 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:16 pm take out Kaep and Hogan for Mallett and Barrett
I am down with both. What are your eight?
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

I see the motivation in what Leo is doing here. So many are quick to shoot down players who are suggested as Tier One possibilities but don’t give the eight quarterbacks that they feel are tier one worthy. Some want to do away with the 8 T1 quarterback allocation altogether.

Setting that aside. It’s going to be hard for the league to convince quarterbacks that don’t get signed by an NFL team to sign on. You have to go by the teams and football departments evaluations of who is available. Opinions are going to vary on if Luis Perez, Brandon Silvers or others deserve the designation of “Tier One”. They might be the best of what’s available. I am watching the Minshew effect and there are quarterbacks out there who I feel can be front line starters and stars but experience wins out for me in most cases.

I will play along here; In no particular order

Landry Jones
Ryan Mallett
Sam Bradford
Brock Osweiler
Paxton Lynch
Kevin Hogan
Johnny Manziel
Brandon Silvers

I personally love Silvers. So he’d be on my list of what’s available out there.

You could argue for Kaepernick or Tebow for name value. There are other vets out there with starting experience like Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassel. An argument can be made for Tyree Jackson and Devlin Hodges. Two rookies with upside. The league has been in touch with both. The NFL is still real options for both of them right now.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

I think Silvers could eventually grow into tier one status, almost like a Tony Graziani back when that was sorta a thing in the AFL. But starting off as one, not really. Remember since tier one is effectively a third stringer (for teams who go with three) he would have to have at least gone down to cutdown day.

Having Jones in the fold is a good barometer for who is and who isn't. Yes it is highly possible he'd be back in Jacksonville right now if the league hadn't sold him.

Silvers isn't there yet.
Xtremedb3
Running Back

Post by Xtremedb3 »

LeoNY wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 pm
Xtremedb3 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:16 pm take out Kaep and Hogan for Mallett and Barrett
I am down with both. What are your eight?
Your same 8 just swapping out those 2... I would love Kaep to be one of them but feel like it's too much of a reach money wise.

And I agree 100% all tier 1 players should be QBs
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

youngorst wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:00 pm
MikeMitchell wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:38 pm I see the motivation in what Leo is doing here. So many are quick to shoot down players who are suggested as Tier One possibilities but don’t give the eight quarterbacks that they feel are tier one worthy. Some want to do away with the 8 T1 quarterback allocation altogether.

Setting that aside. It’s going to be hard for the league to convince quarterbacks that don’t get signed by an NFL team to sign on. You have to go by the teams and football departments evaluations of who is available. Opinions are going to vary on if Luis Perez, Brandon Silvers or others deserve the designation of “Tier One”. They might be the best of what’s available. I am watching the Minshew effect and there are quarterbacks out there who I feel can be front line starters and stars but experience wins out for me in most cases.

I will play along here; In no particular order

Landry Jones
Ryan Mallett
Sam Bradford
Brock Osweiler
Paxton Lynch
Kevin Hogan
Johnny Manziel
Brandon Silvers

I personally love Silvers. So he’d be on my list of what’s available out there.

You could argue for Kaepernick or Tebow for name value. There are other vets out there with starting experience like Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassel. An argument can be made for Tyree Jackson and Devlin Hodges. Two rookies with upside. The league has been in touch with both. The NFL is still real options for both of them right now.
I don't see the need to list 8 QBs worthy of tier 1 status because I do reject the very notion that every tier 1 signing should be a QB.

I used Quiz as an example but any 8 year NFL veteran who is now out of work provides more present "value" to the XFL than a guy like Silvers.
Ok. If this was your league. Who would you sign at Quarterback? From the names that are available. Name 3 quarterbacks worthy of starting in your league. Disagree on Silvers and I am sure that Bob Stoops and all the other qualified football people in the league disagree with you as well.
Xtremedb3
Running Back

Post by Xtremedb3 »

Quiz Rogers isn't even star potential
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

Johnny Manziel
Tim Tebow
Colin Kapernick
Landry Jones
Ryan Mallett
Sam Bradford
Brock Osweiler
Paxton Lynch
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
Xtremedb3
Running Back

Post by Xtremedb3 »

This is the 2nd or 3rd time you brought up quiz rogers.. you must think he's star potential.

Silvers is worth more than quiz... RBs are dime a dozen to the NFL