Seattle Dragons General Discussion

Lumen Field, Seattle, Washington
Firecop
Coach

Seattle Dragons General Discussion

Post by Firecop »

I am so jacked for the Dragons' season to begin, I can hardly stand it! Does anyone know where their practice facility will be? Maybe they can rent the Seahawks facility in Renton align the Lake Washington soreline.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Sounder
Coach

Re: Seattle Dragons General Discussion

Post by Sounder »

I think the Seahawks pretty much use the VMAC as it's known pretty much year round with the minicamps and the other off season preps because as you know in the NFL coaches never stop working. The Starfire complex would be a consideration.....the SeaWolves two time Major League Rugby championship team uses it as home field. It seats a couple thousand so maybe fans could check things out.

Ye old Farmer's Almanac doesn't have good news for the northwest. It is looking for perhaps a repeat of the events of last February.....which saw record snowfalls especially in the Seattle low lands. So we could be talking about a snowy home debut for the Dragons. And knowing the chaos two inches of snow could cause around here .........I dunno man

IMG_20190826_094820.jpg
IMG_20190826_094820.jpg (152.75 KiB) Viewed 4630 times
Attachments
IMG_20190826_094820.jpg
IMG_20190826_094820.jpg (152.75 KiB) Viewed 4630 times
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Starfish huh, that's an idea. Well blizzard or not, I intend to be in the stands.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Sounder wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:01 pm I think the Seahawks pretty much use the VMAC as it's known pretty much year round with the minicamps and the other off season preps because as you know in the NFL coaches never stop working. The Starfire complex would be a consideration.....the SeaWolves two time Major League Rugby championship team uses it as home field. It seats a couple thousand so maybe fans could check things out.

Ye old Farmer's Almanac doesn't have good news for the northwest. It is looking for perhaps a repeat of the events of last February.....which saw record snowfalls especially in the Seattle low lands. So we could be talking about a snowy home debut for the Dragons. And knowing the chaos two inches of snow could cause around here .........I dunno man

IMG_20190826_094820.jpg
Probably means that Week 1 for the Dragons will be on the road (possibly in LA).
Ready for the team reveals...again
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I more or less expected Game 1 to be on the road regardless of the weather; LA would be logical.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Interesting that the Seahawks waived Paxton Lynch, J T Barrett, and then cut Geno Smith leaving them all potentially available to the XFL. I can't help but wonder what Pete Carroll has up his sleeve as that only leaves RW as the only current QB for the Seattle Seahawks.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

I don't want to jinx anything.....but with Geno Smith as the backup....we NEED Russ to be healthy all season. Jake Browning is officially a Viking.....at least as a practice squad player....so no chance he'll be available for the XFL and the Dragons. Former Coug QB Luke Falk also was initially cut then re-signed so that's about it for local names with any real potential as up and coming talents. I suppose I wouldn't mind if Paxton Lynch were to end up here.....but I'm beginning to think maybe our standards might have to be lowered a bit. Keith Price.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

What about Vernon Adams formerly with Eastern Washington and currently in the CFL? Keith Price is still out there as well.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Firecop wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:19 pm What about Vernon Adams formerly with Eastern Washington and currently in the CFL? Keith Price is still out there as well.
It depends on how long Adams is signed for.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Apparently he is signed through Oct. 2020.