XFL Calendar for the rest of this year

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Re: XFL Calendar for the rest of this year

Post by LeoNY »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:14 am Depending how XFL contracts are written (huge caveat, as we saw with the AAF), CFL players can pop down to the XFL for the spring and still be eligible to go back up to Canada for the 2020 season. They wouldn't even miss training camp. I think it's a no-brainer, assuming you feel healthy enough.

Did any CFL players join the AAF mid-season? I don't remember that happening.
I don’t personally think there were any during the AAF season. Despite the Alliance season happening during CFL free agency. I think there was a CFL draft pick who chose the AAF but the name escapes me at this moment.
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Post by XFLInSTL »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:14 am Depending how XFL contracts are written (huge caveat, as we saw with the AAF), CFL players can pop down to the XFL for the spring and still be eligible to go back up to Canada for the 2020 season. They wouldn't even miss training camp. I think it's a no-brainer, assuming you feel healthy enough.

Three or four former CFL players did.
St. Louis Battlehawks
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

XFLInSTL wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:30 am

Do you remember who they were? One CFL draft pick opted for the AAF and Salt Lake but never saw the field.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

MikeMitchell wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:21 am Good thread idea Leo.

Just some notes. Not to be a killjoy.

It’s entirely possible that Uniform unveiling doesn’t happen until right before minicamps start. I hope that I am wrong on that. The design process can be a lengthy one. As we have seen with the league. They don’t rush into things. Janet Duch mentioned in her interview that she was told the NY team name at the time of her hiring but that the design process was going on long before she was hired. They didn’t finish up that process until recently.

Ideally the jerseys would be ready for the Quarterback signings/allocation and then the draft but it’s possible that it’s just hats and shirts at that point. People are making the presumption that the draft is going to be live. All 70 rounds with players going up to a podium. That’s probably not going to happen. We are going to get some form of a live draft but I don’t think it’s going to be very extensive.

Supplemental drafts during camp are tricky. There will be players that pass on the XFL draft come October, that reconsider their position in late December/early January. Players from the 70 man rosters in minicamps would have to be cut to make room unless the training camp roster expand to 75 or more each.

Ideally in November. There should be some form of OTA’s with the players and coaching staffs before minicamps start. Once all these teams are drafted. They need to get to work. If it’s not in a physical fashion immediately. It should be in the form of learning playbooks and working in the classroom. Coaches need to get familiar with their players and the other way around.
It would be smart to do that in Nov. They need too in a lot of ways in order to get the results they been hyping on good football. This isn't the NFL where most of the team from year to year are returning with a few changes. They need time to learn the playbooks, different rules, and develop chemistry as a team. The thing is for the XFL to be success this season and on, they need to show a good product. They need to do things that erases the 01 sink. As long they do good football which can only happen if they are given the time. We can see a steady growth from year to year. The biggest thing is making sure season one in the relaunch is successful and season two happens with more fans buying in on it and that quality getting better and better from week to week. It all starts with how much time they get to prepare at the start. .
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Post by XFLInSTL »

LeoNY wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:49 am
XFLInSTL wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:30 am

Do you remember who they were? One CFL draft pick opted for the AAF and Salt Lake but never saw the field.
That might be the guy I was thinking of but I thought like an All Star DB went to the AAF in like Week 4 but I don't what happened to him.
St. Louis Battlehawks