AAF Teams Names

XFL Football discussion.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Re: AAF Teams Names

Post by XFL_FAN »

Ron wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:15 am
MikeMitchell wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:54 am
So many leagues have come and gone without even launching. Allegedly the owner of the NAFL duped some investor out of a million dollars, never intending to actually launch a football league.

2019/2020 is crazy right now for upstart pro leagues. You have the XFL and AAF. You also have The American Patriot League. Started by former NFL player and businessmen Marques Ogden, Keon Lattimore and former NFL player Bob Golic. Yes Mike Golic's brother and former XFL announcer. Their group is having tryout camps in Texas. They have announced three cities and their venues. Mobile, Alabama, Daytona Beach, Florida and Sacramento, California. They are supposed to be launching this coming Spring. A 10 team league with 14 regular season games. February till July.

Then there's the league headed by Tom Brady's agent Don Yee. He was supposed to start the "Pacific Pro League" in the summer of 2019. They actually landed Adidas as it's main sponsor and had some big name advisors attached to their league. The premise of the league is 4 teams, playing in California. The catch, all the players are right out of high school. Football players who don't want to go to college and want to turn pro immediately. I think compensation was going to be 50 k a season. Not sure if that league is still a go or not but The XFL could be in the market for straight out of high school or 1 or 2 year college players.
None of the other leagues you referenced are worth mentioning in the same sentence as the XFL (or even the AAF) because they have no significant financial backing.
I agree, the XFL and AAF are going to be the kings of spring football because they pay the players more than the CFL or any other of those spring leagues. The bigger contracts will get the better players. Also I don't think those other spring leagues will get TV sponsorships at the national level either.
Ready for the team reveals...again