XFL Calendar for the rest of this year

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

XFL Calendar for the rest of this year

Post by LeoNY »

September: QB signings, Team Schedules/Season Ticket sales release. Championship game site/name announced. XFL Rulebook release. All 8 team training facilities announced.

October: Team Uniform unveiling. Tier One QB Allocations. Draft invite list completed. Draft order determined. The XFL draft/drafts.

November/December: Broadcast teams announced. Supplemental draft of players still free agents late in or most likely after the NFL season. Minicamps.

January: League wide training camp/exhibition season in Houston.

February 8th: The league kicks off the season on ABC and Fox.
Tank55
MVP

Re: XFL Calendar for the rest of this year

Post by Tank55 »

Spring League has another showcase 9/24-9/27.

I'm interested in when single game tickets go on sale.

Have to figure they'll get a much bigger inventory of merchandise ready to go for Black Friday/holiday shopping season.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Another one: (Great idea of a thread, btw.)

If my googling is correct, CFL players on expiring contracts are true free agents at noon EST on February 15.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:58 am Spring League has another showcase 9/24-9/27.

I'm interested in when single game tickets go on sale.

Have to figure they'll get a much bigger inventory of merchandise ready to go for Black Friday/holiday shopping season.
The XFL is going to be at TSL’s showcase for sure but appears like it will be in strictly a scouting capacity. The league could push off rules if they want to do another round of testing.

When the team schedules go on sale in Mid September as the XFL team presidents are projecting. Single game ticket sales shouldn’t be too far behind. Probably right after the first wave of season ticket sales.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:02 am Another one: (Great idea of a thread, btw.)

If my googling is correct, CFL players on expiring contracts are true free agents at noon EST on February 15.
There could be a wave of players there as well. The original XFL had CFL players join with the XFL season already underway. How the XFL determines these players allocations should be interesting. If week one goes well and the league looks good. There might be CFL players salivating at the chance to get back to the states. It won’t be a large number but it could be a good handful of players who “jump ship”.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Depending how XFL contracts are written (huge caveat, as we saw with the AAF), CFL players can pop down to the XFL for the spring and still be eligible to go back up to Canada for the 2020 season. They wouldn't even miss training camp. I think it's a no-brainer, assuming you feel healthy enough.

Did any CFL players join the AAF mid-season? I don't remember that happening.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Good thread idea Leo.

Just some notes. Not to be a killjoy.

It’s entirely possible that Uniform unveiling doesn’t happen until right before minicamps start. I hope that I am wrong on that. The design process can be a lengthy one. As we have seen with the league. They don’t rush into things. Janet Duch mentioned in her interview that she was told the NY team name at the time of her hiring but that the design process was going on long before she was hired. They didn’t finish up that process until recently.

Ideally the jerseys would be ready for the Quarterback signings/allocation and then the draft but it’s possible that it’s just hats and shirts at that point. People are making the presumption that the draft is going to be live. All 70 rounds with players going up to a podium. That’s probably not going to happen. We are going to get some form of a live draft but I don’t think it’s going to be very extensive.

Supplemental drafts during camp are tricky. There will be players that pass on the XFL draft come October, that reconsider their position in late December/early January. Players from the 70 man rosters in minicamps would have to be cut to make room unless the training camp roster expand to 75 or more each.

Ideally in November. There should be some form of OTA’s with the players and coaching staffs before minicamps start. Once all these teams are drafted. They need to get to work. If it’s not in a physical fashion immediately. It should be in the form of learning playbooks and working in the classroom. Coaches need to get familiar with their players and the other way around.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

Is this timeline confirmed or just speculation?

Yeah, I don't expect many frills with the draft. Most of MLB's draft is just a conference call with some analysis added in via an MLB.com webcast. I could see the XFL doing the same for virtually the entire draft.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:31 am Is this timeline confirmed or just speculation?

Yeah, I don't expect many frills with the draft. Most of MLB's draft is just a conference call with some analysis added in via an MLB.com webcast. I could see the XFL doing the same for virtually the entire draft.
The team schedule and season ticket sales are supposed to be in Mid September for sure. As New York Guardians team President Janet Duch revealed in an interview last week.

The draft is in October. The rest is just connecting the dots. I am really hoping for Uniform unveiling in October before the draft. The league has said minicamps in December and that the league rulebook would be coming out soon.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

The one small thing missing from the calendar is the formation of Team Nine. That is supposed to happen after the rosters are cut down to 52. 45 on the roster, 7 on each practice squad.

Once those cuts happen after training camp in January. Then team Nine will be formed for the regular season.