Has anyone decided on their favorite team?

XFL Football discussion.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: Has anyone decided on their favorite team?

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Not yet. Nearest team is several hundred miles away for me (not sure if it's DC or New York) so I don't really have a geographic interest.

Though I'm not impressed with St. Louis so far, they're kind of the underdog (smallest market, only one without an NFL team) so I guess if there were any team I'd like to see succeed more than others, they'd be it.

Tampa Bay so far is the one that intrigues me the most.
KJE
Running Back

Post by KJE »

Tampa Bay for me as I'm looking for CFL connections. Might change if some of my favourite players are elsewhere.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Firecop wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:39 pm Being an XFL Seattle fan, I would still prefer Seattle Tsunami to Surge; sorry Sounder!
It wasn't the name I was hoping for either but it was on the list and it's the only one of the five I can somewhat get behind despite it's being generic.

Just a note to XFL Seattle......if you read this, i respectfully request you not name this team "Sasquatch".
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:17 am Branding and the players is going to add a lot of personality to each team,

I see it this way as well. I went in sort of blind with the AAF. Proximity would have made me a Fleet fan, but the mascot absolutely reeked (IMO).

I (like prob many others) gravitated to the San Antonio team, as the mascot was cool/different, the atmosphere was fantastic, (and they had one guy from my school).

I see the XFL and a group of teams with tons of recognizable personalities, and exciting style of play (on a completely different level than the AAF). Our XFL has done its homework, and will bring in names early (heck they’re researching footballs!!). It will be easy to root for the league as a whole. I bet we’ll see tons of marketing when the season nears. We’ll have 8 “San Antonio’s” by 2020.