XFL Draft Invite List

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

XFL Draft Invite List

Post by LeoNY »

https://twitter.com/JFantasyJF/status/1 ... 06241?s=20

I know that Greg Parks is updating his Summer Showcase spreadsheet to update all the players who have received invites so far.

Jackson Conner, the new XFL board writer for Seattle has posted a list on his Twitter feed of players who have publicly announced their invites thus far.
1. QB Brandon Silvers
@B_Silvers1
Troy
@XFLHouston
showcase
2. DE Marcell Frazier
@FederalFrazier
Mizzou
@XFLDallas
showcase
3. K Tyler Rausa
@T_Rausa
Boise State
@XFLDallas
4. WR Riley Smith
@Riley_Smith1104
West Texas A&M
@XFLSeattle

5. OL Andrew Erbes
@sixtyaje
UNLV
@XFLSeattle

6. Brandon Maiden
@BMaiden1
Jackson State
@XFLHouston

7. LB Eric Beisel
@ericbeisel
Mizzou
@XFLStLouis

8. Logan Tuley-Tillman
@LoganTillman
Michigan
@XFLLosAngeles
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: XFL Draft Invite List

Post by MikeMitchell »

You can add DT Roderick Henderson to the list. This is going to be an interesting list to keep track of for various reasons.

Some of the people with invites might still end up back in the NFL before the summer is out. Some players will not make their invites public.

This will be a two month long process. With invites coming after NFL cuts.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

RB Marshaun Coprich just announced his invite on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/ShaunTheSavage/stat ... 00672?s=20
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

I've learned of four non-Showcase players who have been invited to join the XFL Draft pool:

WR Jalen Saunders
LB Nick Temple
WR Kyle Lewis
OL Jovan Letuli
@gregmparks
Xtremedb3
Running Back

Post by Xtremedb3 »

On May 16, 2019, just prior to training camp for the 2019 season, Saunders was released by the Tiger-Cats.[11]

Sounds like XFLHOU is at work here.
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Post by XFLInSTL »

DB Max Redfield of the Birmingham Iron has been invited. The XFL needs as many of the top AAF DBs as possible, and Redfield was one of them.
St. Louis Battlehawks
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Some of the invites will not be drafted. If the goal is to draft and fill up 70 player rosters for eight teams in mini camp. Then we are talking about 560 players total. If the league invites over 600 to 700 players or more. Then that insures that there will be players that are a part of the pool that do not get drafted.

Just like any draft pool in any league. There are players that don’t get picked. It’s not the end of the world because injuries do happen and spots could open up down the road but being undrafted could leave you on the outside looking in. At the bare minimum, an undrafted player is still on the league’s radar for potential employment in the future.

With 45 player rosters and 7 player practice squads. The 560 players in minicamp gets narrowed down to 416 players by the start of the XFL season. Team Nine then gets formed and that fills out an extra 40 players or so but still leaves over a hundred players on the outside looking in until potential spots open up during the season.
2lit
Kicker

Post by 2lit »

steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

I wonder if Hakeem Nicks is going to be a part of it. We know he was at the NY showcase and it would seem like a no brainer invite. I know it a few days old post but still talking about talent that will be in the draft pool. If Nicks still wants to play the game which if he didn't he wouldn't shown up. He would be a great addition to the league. Talented WR that won a Superbowl. Good on field star power.

Just a thought about having some higher up former NFL players playing in the league would be awesome.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

I think the XFL twitter feed (or maybe it was XFL NY) recently posted a video profile of sorts on Nicks. I’d be surprised if they would post that at this point if he WASN’T going to get an invite.
@gregmparks