Question about the XFL’s branding department

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Re: Question about the XFL’s branding department

Post by LeoNY »

GregParks wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:49 pm Call me crazy, but I just thought of this: Would've been cool to have had the league reveal the team names/logos at the San Diego Comic-Con. Seems it's where a lot of entertainment properties make big reveals and I don't think other sports have a real presence there. Just being there would firmly entrench them in the entertainment zeitgeist.
That’s a cool outside the box suggestion. If the league was ready with logos, colors and names. That would have been a cool thing to do. Not a traditional vehicle for a sports league but that could have been cool.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: Question about the XFL’s branding department

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GregParks wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:49 pm Call me crazy, but I just thought of this: Would've been cool to have had the league reveal the team names/logos at the San Diego Comic-Con. Seems it's where a lot of entertainment properties make big reveals and I don't think other sports have a real presence there. Just being there would firmly entrench them in the entertainment zeitgeist.
IMHO, that's not crazy at all... in fact, that would have actually been brilliant. Not a lot of leagues could get away with that approach, but if it's going to be built on an entertainment platform, the XFL would've fit in quite nicely there.