XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by LeoNY »

Sounder wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:29 pm One thing I'm hoping to see this league do is make stars out of guys who otherwise might not be seen. Not so much on well used NFL veterans and castoffs or AAF leftovers although many of them will be present.....and they are needed somewhat ....because of the football experience they bring to make for competent competition. I'm talking guys who went undrafted or maybe some that were but for some reason didn't stick. Guys we haven't seen above college level who may eventually make the big fall show but you saw them in the XFL first. It shouldn't be "where does Johnny Manziel land?". or Trent Richardson or any other guy we've already seen fail. They can bring you down more than their publicity is worth.
By my count. There are 13 undrafted quarterbacks from the 2019 NFL draft class, that the XFL worked out during the Showcases. Tanner Mangum, Taryn Christion, Marcus McCaryion, Brad Mayes, Keller Chryst, CJ Collins, Ross Comis, Sam Castronova, Taylor Cornelius, Vincent Testaverde Jr., David Cornwell, Anthony Lawrence and Foster Sawyer.

That’s just one position filled with what pro football fans would consider “no names” or players who don’t have any established history yet. You can see that all over Greg Parks spreadsheet. The unknowns far out weigh the known or established players.
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Re: XFL St. Louis Summer Showcase Rosters

Post by XFLInSTL »

LeoNY wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:20 am
Sounder wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:29 pm One thing I'm hoping to see this league do is make stars out of guys who otherwise might not be seen. Not so much on well used NFL veterans and castoffs or AAF leftovers although many of them will be present.....and they are needed somewhat ....because of the football experience they bring to make for competent competition. I'm talking guys who went undrafted or maybe some that were but for some reason didn't stick. Guys we haven't seen above college level who may eventually make the big fall show but you saw them in the XFL first. It shouldn't be "where does Johnny Manziel land?". or Trent Richardson or any other guy we've already seen fail. They can bring you down more than their publicity is worth.
By my count. There are 13 undrafted quarterbacks from the 2019 NFL draft class, that the XFL worked out during the Showcases. Tanner Mangum, Taryn Christion, Marcus McCaryion, Brad Mayes, Keller Chryst, CJ Collins, Ross Comis, Sam Castronova, Taylor Cornelius, Vincent Testaverde Jr., David Cornwell, Anthony Lawrence and Foster Sawyer.

That’s just one position filled with what pro football fans would consider “no names” or players who don’t have any established history yet. You can see that all over Greg Parks spreadsheet. The unknowns far out weigh the known or established players.
Obviously I don't know what the XFL coaches think of these guys, but I would offer Chryst, Foster, Mangum, Christion, and maybe Testaverde a contract.
St. Louis Battlehawks