XFL Summer Showcase Spreadsheet

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Re: XFL Summer Showcase Spreadsheet

Post by LeoNY »

GregParks wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:49 am Updated with St. Louis Showcase rosters.

My intention is to keep this as a living document throughout the signing process. I'm not sure how public the XFL will make signings when they begin presumably later this month. But if they do announce/release the names, I'll create another tab of league signings (one by position, one alphabetically, just like the Showcases), and I'll also highlight those listed in the Showcase tabs when they get signed. So keep the link handy - we're just getting started!
Excellent work. I really appreciate this. How many quarterbacks do you think get signed? I think Landry, Mallett and maybe Cook end up being tier one players if they don’t end up in the NFL.
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Post by XFLInSTL »

I'd like to see all the kickers and punters who weren't listed. There were a lot of good AAF kickers and punters that don't currently have NFL jobs.
St. Louis Battlehawks
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

XFLInSTL wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:40 pm I'd like to see all the kickers and punters who weren't listed. There were a lot of good AAF kickers and punters that don't currently have NFL jobs.
12 Long snappers listed. Only a handful of kickers. I am pretty sure that Memphis Express kicker Josh Jasper received an invite. Not sure what workout he attended. I am going to have do some digging on this one. That’s how I found out about Hernandez and a few others who worked out in Tampa but weren’t on the roster list.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I am expecting the XFL to announce players before team names. I can see tweets from the XFL announcing players, but some of the responses will be "team names!"
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

LeoNY wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:37 am
GregParks wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:49 am Updated with St. Louis Showcase rosters.

My intention is to keep this as a living document throughout the signing process. I'm not sure how public the XFL will make signings when they begin presumably later this month. But if they do announce/release the names, I'll create another tab of league signings (one by position, one alphabetically, just like the Showcases), and I'll also highlight those listed in the Showcase tabs when they get signed. So keep the link handy - we're just getting started!
Excellent work. I really appreciate this. How many quarterbacks do you think get signed? I think Landry, Mallett and maybe Cook end up being tier one players if they don’t end up in the NFL.
I wouldn't be surprised to see several signed from the Showcases. Now, that doesn't mean they'll be drafted or even carried into camp on a team. But teams will have the option to pick from them. Also interesting from a numbers standpoint that the XFL will begin signing players from the Showcases before NFL teams cut down. Would they sign only a few of the Showcase QBs, anticipating getting most of their QBs (or any other position, really) from those currently in camps? The numbers at each position may depend on what they believe they can get into the league after cuts. Or, they could just sign the 200-300 most talented folks that stood out at the Showcases, numbers per position be damned.
@gregmparks
Mackdaddy
Rookie

Post by Mackdaddy »

Austin MacGinnis participated in St Louis.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Mackdaddy wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:39 pm Austin MacGinnis participated in St Louis.
Good info Mackdaddy. Sounds like an XFL player from 2001’s Jersey nickname.

Add MacGinnis to the elusive kicker list.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

GregParks wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:09 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see several signed from the Showcases. Now, that doesn't mean they'll be drafted or even carried into camp on a team. But teams will have the option to pick from them. Also interesting from a numbers standpoint that the XFL will begin signing players from the Showcases before NFL teams cut down. Would they sign only a few of the Showcase QBs, anticipating getting most of their QBs (or any other position, really) from those currently in camps? The numbers at each position may depend on what they believe they can get into the league after cuts. Or, they could just sign the 200-300 most talented folks that stood out at the Showcases, numbers per position be damned.
If I was the league. I would sign as many players as possible. I would also list all the signings online. There is a good chance that the XFL will lose some of their signings to the NFL before the October draft happens. So the league is better off protecting themselves on the back end first before the September cuts. If it were me, I’d sign 500 or more players from the showcase group. No guarantee that the XFL convinces hundreds of September cut down players to sign with the league. So just in case, ink as many quality players now.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

LeoNY wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:22 pm
GregParks wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:09 pm

If I was the league. I would sign as many players as possible. I would also list all the signings online. There is a good chance that the XFL will lose some of their signings to the NFL before the October draft happens. So the league is better off protecting themselves on the back end first before the September cuts. If it were me, I’d sign 500 or more players from the showcase group. No guarantee that the XFL convinces hundreds of September cut down players to sign with the league. So just in case, ink as many quality players now.
Yeah, we've talked about this here before as far as numbers. Expecting 700-1,000 to be draft-eligible, and Luck has noted 200-300 coming from the Showcases. Those numbers are fluid and the league shouldn't be held to that right now, IMO. But it will be interesting to see how many they sign from NFL camps. If it's a lower number than they expect, perhaps they'll revisit some of the Showcase participants and offer them.

Another thing to consider is other leagues. The CFL season ends after the XFL Draft, but the AFL ends in August. I don't know how their contracts work, but I wonder if those players, who didn't participate in the Showcases, would be eligible to sign with the league after their season.
@gregmparks
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

The CFL's multi-year contracts are binding. I'd be surprised if all the Arena players aren't free to leave.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion