Question about showcases...may be dumb...but I just need clarification

XFL Football discussion.
2lit
Kicker

Question about showcases...may be dumb...but I just need clarification

Post by 2lit »

So the guys who have been invited to showcases...are they only trying out for that particular city’s team? Or are all 8 XFL teams going to look at every players across all showcases?
Tank55
MVP

Re: Question about showcases...may be dumb...but I just need clarification

Post by Tank55 »

The latter. Anyone can be drafted by any team.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
2lit
Kicker

Post by 2lit »

Tank55 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:47 pm The latter. Anyone can be drafted by any team.
So I gather there are about at least 1000 players trying out for the XFL? Because isn’t the XFL looking at the spring league players too?
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

2lit wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:05 pm
Tank55 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:47 pm The latter. Anyone can be drafted by any team.
So I gather there are about at least 1000 players trying out for the XFL? Because isn’t the XFL looking at the spring league players too?
They are looking at TSL players as well. Some that played in Austin with TSL, did receive invites. Many Your Call Football players as well.

The XFL’s football department has thousands of players in their database. Some players that the league is going to attempt to sign, or that they already have enough tape on, didn’t receive invites. There’s a long list of players that the XFL plans to sign. It’s in the hundreds. Players that are in NFL camps now and some players that haven’t worked out. We can speculate on who that is, but I would say that any AAF Star, who isn’t under NFL contract is on the league’s short list of potential signees. That may very include Johnny Manziel and Trent Richardson.

The total number of invites working out was supposed to be roughly 800 players. 100 per showcase. With Tampa’s Showcase going over that number. The league is now on pace to go over the 800 mark.