Final Team Names Prediction List

XFL Football discussion.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Final Team Names Prediction List

Post by MikeMitchell »

Shooter McGav1n wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:20 pm
XFL_FAN wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:19 pm Yeah people are just like "why would I buy tickets to an unnamed team?" And people are commenting that if the XFL is actually listening to the fans, they need to release the names and logos soon. Hopefully we get them in early June!
To be fair, I don't think they're holding out just for the sake of annoying the fans. There could be any number of reasons, maybe it's something to do with legal, perhaps they weren't happy with the designs, or maybe they changed their mind on a team name. I think we can all agree though, that whatever's going on it needs to be taken care of soon. It's hard to buy team merch. without the team.
One thing to remember. The AAF didn’t reveal their team names and logos until September of last year. We are not waiting until September. XFL fans would kill themselves if that was the case.
Jerseyknight458
Kicker

Post by Jerseyknight458 »

A lot of people's heads would spontaneously combust.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

MikeMitchell wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:57 am One thing to remember. The AAF didn’t reveal their team names and logos until September of last year. We are not waiting until September. XFL fans would kill themselves if that was the case.
The AAF rushed things. That much is obvious, and it was probably the primary reason for their downfall (though one could argue it was also the only reason they even made it to play at all). That being said, the AAF was not alone. You look at the UFL and they didn't announce their team names until two months before they began play (though their expansion/relocation teams were a little bit more proactive).

I think the early summertime, with very little going on in the sports world, is ideal for releasing the team brands, since that will be the time where they can draw the most attention.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I am of the belief that we will know the team logos and colors by the time NFL teams began training camps.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

I never thought of doing a "Team 9" jersey......clever.
For XFL FAN......I present "LA Xtreme 2020" championship edition.

IMG_20190528_132144.jpg
IMG_20190528_132144.jpg (191.93 KiB) Viewed 3116 times

I replaced the original silver helmet......but it's optional.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Maybe the best time would be the day after the baseball all star game.......theres a two day gap where there's very little if any sports going on before mlb resumes play on that Friday. That's in mid July. You'd have the media all to yourself. NFL starts training camp two weeks later.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Sounder wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:43 pm I never thought of doing a "Team 9" jersey......clever.
For XFL FAN......I present "LA Xtreme 2020" championship edition.

IMG_20190528_132144.jpg

I replaced the original silver helmet......but it's optional.
Thanks Sounder :)
Ready for the team reveals...again
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Post by XFLInSTL »

Sounder wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:35 pm Maybe the best time would be the day after the baseball all star game.......theres a two day gap where there's very little if any sports going on before mlb resumes play on that Friday. That's in mid July. You'd have the media all to yourself. NFL starts training camp two weeks later.
Isn't the NBA draft around then?
St. Louis Battlehawks
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

The NBA drafts in late June about a week after the finals
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

One thing to think about too (and maybe this has been discussed already), in addition to wanting to release information/news at times when there isn't much else going on in the sports world, is that you don't want to release too much information so close together. Spread out the coaching hires, spread out the team names/logo announcements if only to keep the league in the news cycle every few weeks. You don't want to announce too much all at once and then go dark for a month or two without any casual fan running into any information/news about the league or teams. A steady stream is the way to go.

Great to be here. Let's have some fun!
@gregmparks