Jonathan Hayes Is Filling Out His Staff In St. Louis

XFL Football discussion.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Jonathan Hayes Is Filling Out His Staff In St. Louis

Post by XFL_FAN »

https://xfl2k.com/news/xfl-st-louis-tak ... his-staff/
Today the official Twitter account of XFL St. Louis wanted to be part of the fun by announcing some new hires of their own. Jon Hayes has filled some important roles for his team with Jay Hayes as Defensive Coordinator, Jeff Bauer as Football Ops Manager and Brian Braswell as Offensive Line Coach.

DC-Jay Hayes
Director Of Football Ops-Jeff Bauer
Oline Coach-Brian Braswell
Ready for the team reveals...again
XFL_FAN
Coach

Re: Jonathan Hayes Is Filling Out His Staff In St. Louis

Post by XFL_FAN »

A little write-up on Jeff Bauer (The "GM Assistant"):

http://gesadvisory.com/2017/08/04/ges-a ... eff-bauer/
Jeff brings 13 years of NFL scouting experience where his last stop was with the New York Jets organization where he served many different roles including the Director of College Scouting. Prior to his time in the NFL he spent 11 years as an accomplished middle school and high school football coach, including 6 years in Houston, TX and 5 year in Overland Park, KS.

A native of Ankeny, IA , Bauer earned his bachelor’s degree in physical education from Iowa State University and his master’s degree in administration from Prairie View A&M. He was a 4-year letter winner at Iowa State from 1987-1990 where he played strong safety. Bayer resides in Ankeny, IA with his wife Amy, and their three children: sons Jordan and Jase, and daughter Ashlynna.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

People in St. Louis are going to complain that there are no Rams or Cardinals.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

GDAWG wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:25 pm People in St. Louis are going to complain that there are no Rams or Cardinals.
The St. Louis team has been pretty underwhelming, but a good team president would help.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

XFL_FAN wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:28 pm
GDAWG wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:25 pm People in St. Louis are going to complain that there are no Rams or Cardinals.
The St. Louis team has been pretty underwhelming, but a good team president would help.
The St. Louis President probably worked for the Cardinals or Blues at one point.....or something in relation to the city.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Hayes hasn’t filled his OC spot yet. I’d hate to get peoples hopes up, by suggesting that Jonathan call up Martz to gauge his interest. That’s probably never happening. Al Saunders is ancient and has Rams ties to the glory years. Most likely, Hayes hires someone he has history with. Ken Zampese who just coordinated the Legends offense in the AAF, is a possibility. I could also see Paul Alexander coaching the o-line.

Who knows if someone like Isaac Bruce could be added to the staff?

Will Witherspoon is a possibility on the defensive staff. He played with The Rams, actually worked Rams games after he retired, and was at Jonathan Hayes press conference. No disrespect to Witherspoon, he was a good NFL player but even if he is hired, it won’t move the needle.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

MikeMitchell wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:43 pm
Hayes hasn’t filled his OC spot yet. I’d hate to get peoples hopes up, by suggesting that Jonathan call up Martz to gauge his interest. That’s probably never happening. Al Saunders is ancient and has Rams ties to the glory years. Most likely, Hayes hires someone he has history with. Ken Zampese who just coordinated the Legends offense in the AAF, is a possibility. I could also see Paul Alexander coaching the o-line.

Will Witherspoon is a possibility on the defensive staff. He played with The Rams, actually worked Rams games after he retired, and was at Jonathan Hayes press conference. No disrespect to Witherspoon, he was a good NFL player but even if he is hired, it won’t move the needle.
I could see Bruce as a team Ambassador.

I think St. Louis folks could be placated if they announce Kurt Warner as part of the radio crew.
jcestl
Running Back

Post by jcestl »

STL-football-player.jpg
STL-football-player.jpg (35.41 KiB) Viewed 3339 times
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

They need something to spark the interest, I mean this should be a deal where if you want to gain football fans back or get fans to spend money on the XFL. They need something to even know what the XFL is, so far unless you really following it close. Nobody really heard of these names in the area. I'm afraid for a lot of fans, this is turning into something that may die before it gets started in the market only because everything been so underwhelming in the eyes of most fans I think. It isn't anything against them or that I am someone who wants this glory days of the Rams in St. Louis connection. I just want something to spark the excitement. When you a brand new league, you have to draw that and create a legit buzz in the market. As a sports fan, I need something they going to tell me, to go to the XFL to lets say a Blues game, or later in a XFL season a Cardinals game or Blues playoffs as a possibility. Like the Blues are current in the finals. Or in a few years MLS. I want to be excited about this and have loved the things the league as done but if you want the only market without a NFL team and been through a lot because of how they left. You expect us to show up and draw well. We need something that attracts the fans to it. So far is all unknown names in the market with zero connections at all. That not the best way to start it.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

steinerfhc wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:58 pm

They need something to spark the interest, I mean this should be a deal where if you want to gain football fans back or get fans to spend money on the XFL. They need something to even know what the XFL is, so far unless you really following it close. Nobody really heard of these names in the area. I'm afraid for a lot of fans, this is turning into something that may die before it gets started in the market only because everything been so underwhelming in the eyes of most fans I think. It isn't anything against them or that I am someone who wants this glory days of the Rams in St. Louis connection. I just want something to spark the excitement. When you a brand new league, you have to draw that and create a legit buzz in the market. As a sports fan, I need something they going to tell me, to go to the XFL to lets say a Blues game, or later in a XFL season a Cardinals game or Blues playoffs as a possibility. Like the Blues are current in the finals. Or in a few years MLS. I want to be excited about this and have loved the things the league as done but if you want the only market without a NFL team and been through a lot because of how they left. You expect us to show up and draw well. We need something that attracts the fans to it. So far is all unknown names in the market with zero connections at all. That not the best way to start it.
I had the same initial thoughts about XFL Dallas due to the oversaturation of the DFW Sports market. But they hired Bob Stoops which sparked interest in the team. It was a smart move for Oliver Luck. The DFW Sports media covered him for years and he knows the area having recruited down here a lot. There is also a significant number of Oklahoma alumni down here. They also hired Daryl Johnston, who was a very popular player for the Dallas Cowboys and even had his own chant whenever he touched the ball.