June Jones hired as XFL Houston head coach

XFL Football discussion.
downbylaw2020
Linebacker

Re: June Jones hired as XFL Houston head coach

Post by downbylaw2020 »

Anybody read June Jones comments about Johnny Manziel while in Hamilton?

Seemed like he genuinely liked him.

June Jones air raid w/ Manziel coming to Houston.

We have clearance.
Dynamofan1

Post by Dynamofan1 »

Johnny needs stability, maturity and a team. I hope and pray he comes home to Tx. But for that to happen the rules for assigning QB's to the league needs to be defined. I've seen nothing except articles about a draft. Will Johnny not be the first pick? I think his personal situation may cause him to fall down the draft board. So if Houston doesn't get him I hope Dallas does. Even tho I already HATE DALLAS!
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Dynamofan1 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:01 pm Johnny needs stability, maturity and a team. I hope and pray he comes home to Tx. But for that to happen the rules for assigning QB's to the league needs to be defined. I've seen nothing except articles about a draft. Will Johnny not be the first pick? I think his personal situation may cause him to fall down the draft board. So if Houston doesn't get him I hope Dallas does. Even tho I already HATE DALLAS!
Manziel is not guaranteed to even be going to Houston or Dallas. Players are going to be signed to league contracts first. Then put into a pool for the draft. No player allocations or free agent signings by the individual teams. The league is not doing a territorial system.

If the league signs Manziel. Then it’s a matter of which of the 8 teams wants to draft him. For all we know, Manziel could end up in St. Louis if he’s drafted there.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Dynamofan1 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:01 pm Johnny needs stability, maturity and a team. I hope and pray he comes home to Tx. But for that to happen the rules for assigning QB's to the league needs to be defined. I've seen nothing except articles about a draft. Will Johnny not be the first pick? I think his personal situation may cause him to fall down the draft board. So if Houston doesn't get him I hope Dallas does. Even tho I already HATE DALLAS!
If Houston gets pick #1 I think Johnny Manziel has to be the choice, but if Dallas gets #1 overall then we might see them go defense with Shawn Oakman. Or maybe we see Bob Stoops select a familiar face in Landry Jones? One thing's for certain, the XFL draft will be fun to watch!
Ready for the team reveals...again
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

downbylaw2020 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:14 pm Anybody read June Jones comments about Johnny Manziel while in Hamilton?

We have clearance.
But yet, Jones never played Manziel in the regular season and he was traded midway through. So that might be all talk.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

MikeMitchell wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:19 pm
Manziel is not guaranteed to even be going to Houston or Dallas. Players are going to be signed to league contracts first. Then put into a pool for the draft. No player allocations or free agent signings by the individual teams. The league is not doing a territorial system.

If the league signs Manziel. Then it’s a matter of which of the 8 teams wants to draft him. For all we know, Manziel could end up in St. Louis if he’s drafted there.
I'd think, though, that if a player really wanted to go to a specific location, the XFL could nudge a few shoulders to make it happen. That's the beauty of a single-entity league.
KJE
Running Back

Post by KJE »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:46 pm
downbylaw2020 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:14 pm Anybody read June Jones comments about Johnny Manziel while in Hamilton?

We have clearance.
But yet, Jones never played Manziel in the regular season and he was traded midway through. So that might be all talk.
That was for the benefit of Manziel, whether he realizes it or not.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

From the CFL Reddit:

The XFL Be Like:
out3z0spk6y21.jpg
out3z0spk6y21.jpg (60.45 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
Ready for the team reveals...again
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

XFL_FAN wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:58 pm From the CFL Reddit:

The XFL Be Like:

out3z0spk6y21.jpg
:lol:

Hilarious.
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:47 pm
MikeMitchell wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:19 pm

I'd think, though, that if a player really wanted to go to a specific location, the XFL could nudge a few shoulders to make it happen. That's the beauty of a single-entity league.
And the danger
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?