Daryl Johnston to be XFL Dallas Director of Player Personnel

XFL Football discussion.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Daryl Johnston to be XFL Dallas Director of Player Personnel

Post by MikeMitchell »

Tank55 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:47 pm I don't think Dallas is unique. Half the league (Dallas, DC, Los Angeles, New York) has the NHL, NBA, and major college basketball as early in-season competition. All the markets have at least one of the three. When we get into the second half, all eight cities have an MLB team and six have at least one MLS team. Market penetration is surely going to be a priority and a challenge for everyone.
Absolutely.

For sure. The way the XFL is designed schedule wise. You are presenting a product on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Selling 5 games in each market.

The league is kind of running away from and not opposite any leagues that play evening games from February through April. I think the size of the stadiums and location, as well as when the games are played, play to the league’s benefit.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Question: Who is the 6th team president here? He hasn't been announced but he's in this picture:
[twitter.com][66]D6nlUjmXkAEJiWJ - Edited.jpg
[twitter.com][66]D6nlUjmXkAEJiWJ - Edited.jpg (207.65 KiB) Viewed 2388 times
Ready for the team reveals...again
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

XFL_FAN wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:56 pm Question: Who is the 6th team president here? He hasn't been announced but he's in this picture:

I think it is Derek Throneburg. He is leading Team Operations for the whole XFL and is supposed to work with all the presidents.
St. Louis BattleHawks
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Tank55 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:38 pm Yeah, I don't know. The XFL has been presenting the Head Coach as also the GM, so it seems like a Director of Player Personnel would report to the GM. But things are fluid, so maybe they've changed course. Or maybe they're making an exception for their highest profile coach who is also new to the pro game.
We all knew that the Head Coach/GM’s would have people on their staff assisting them. Ultimately the head coach has final say on their roster.

It hasn’t been finalized yet but it appears that Catherine Raiche will be filling the same role for Trestman in Tampa, that Johnston has.

I think every team will have a Director of Player Personnel.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

SamTheRam28 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:03 pm
XFL_FAN wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 4:56 pm Question: Who is the 6th team president here? He hasn't been announced but he's in this picture:

I think it is Derek Throneburg. He is leading Team Operations for the whole XFL and is supposed to work with all the presidents.
Ok, makes sense now. I saw someone on Twitter ask the same question, and I thought the same thing. 3 more team presidents to go before those team names!
Ready for the team reveals...again
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I don't know about other cities, but Dallas teams tend to support each other, so I hope XFL Dallas gets support from the other Dallas teams including the Cowboys. When Dallas Mavericks star Dirk Nowitski retired, The Cowboys, Stars, Rangers and FC Dallas showed their love to him. Likewise, FC Dallas, Cowboys, Rangers and Mavericks cheered on the Stars during the Stanley Cup playoffs. I believe it is helpful if the other local teams support the XFL team.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Well, we know the Rangers are on board.

https://twitter.com/Rangers/status/1070373781049360384
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion