The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

XFL Football discussion.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: The final four XFL Head Coach/GM openings

Post by GDAWG »

I also don't think that they will announce the nicknames and logos and colors until all of the head coaches are announced, whenever it happens.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:38 pm Just a quick thought. The XFL might be waiting to see if the AAF goes under to see which coaches become available; Spurrier, at the very least, would definitely be worth snapping up. Of course, Tampa would be the natural place for him, so who knows if that's still workable.

Interesting thought that has crossed my mind in the last few weeks.

Footballscoop.com revealed AAF coaching salaries awhile back. They had their HC's listed at 500k per season. What's not known is the actual length of those deals. Bob Stoops stated that the XFL covered 2 years.

Obviously if there is no AAF. Their head coaches are free to go elsewhere. For this theory to play out, you'd have to wait until the AAF season ends in a little over a month.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

It does make you wonder why the rest of the coaches haven't been said yet. We where supposed to get all of them by the end of the mouth and that's only a couple days from now and I know we ain't getting that. Maybe they knew something before the news brought and they have interest in them.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

steinerfhc wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:30 pm It does make you wonder why the rest of the coaches haven't been said yet. We where supposed to get all of them by the end of the mouth and that's only a couple days from now and I know we ain't getting that. Maybe they knew something before the news brought and they have interest in them.
It’s all possible.

One thing worth noting, even though the XFL and AAF are two separate leagues. The AAF didn’t get all of their coach hires done until early June of last year. Obviously a different situation but the AAF was launching in less than a year as well.
Roy.brown75
Linebacker

Post by Roy.brown75 »

You said all the coaches would be hired
Roy.brown75
Linebacker

Post by Roy.brown75 »

At the end of March
Xfldcnews
Receiver

Post by Xfldcnews »

Any more updates on the vacant coaching positions? I can't find anything
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

Xfldcnews wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:04 am Any more updates on the vacant coaching positions? I can't find anything
We are all waiting for more announcements. It seems things have stalled.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

Vince and Oliver knew the AAF was dying. I’m guessing they thought it wouldn’t even make it this far and it wouldn’t have without Dundon. I’m hoping for Martz to St Louis XFL and Spurrier to any of the other teams. The rest of the AAF coaches can be brought in as assistants
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

BengalErnst wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:09 pm Vince and Oliver knew the AAF was dying. I’m guessing they thought it wouldn’t even make it this far and it wouldn’t have without Dundon. I’m hoping for Martz to St Louis XFL and Spurrier to any of the other teams. The rest of the AAF coaches can be brought in as assistants
That theory holds up since the AAF contacted the XFL for a merger in December. They knew the AAF wouldn't last long after that and they may want some of their coaches.
Ready for the team reveals...again