TSL News Thread

Discussion on TSL: The Spring League
4th&long
MVP

Re: TSL News Thread

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:58 pm So are the two division winners going to meet for a championship game?
Correct - on 6/19 - Which as as the Dicussion boards "MGB01" predicted was the last open date on Fox's calendar to fill.
4th&long
MVP

XFLnewshub on QB Eric Dungey playing in TSL

Post by 4th&long »

>> Dallas Renegades QB Eric Dungey To Play In The Spring League <<

https://www.xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/dal ... ng-league/

>> Dungey will play for former Houston Roughnecks defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell. The former star QB for Syracuse is excited to play in the TSL.

“I cannot wait,” Dungey said. “The last year and a half has been incredibly hard for everybody, and especially for free agent athletes. I can’t wait to get out there and play some football and have an opportunity.” <<

The XFL news sites need something to talk about and TSL is a natural, especially with all the former players and coaches.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:23 pm
GDAWG wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:58 pm So are the two division winners going to meet for a championship game?
Correct - on 6/19 - Which as as the Dicussion boards "MGB01" predicted was the last open date on Fox's calendar to fill.
Except I was doing it under the assumption that games would only air on FS1 (their MLB game is late night Tigers/Angels) not also make it up to parent.

Woods has come a long way from the FXFL, which got some play on Mike and Mike (Golic Jr. played for the Brawlers) and had some syndication but that's about it, give him that.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:56 pm
4th&long wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:23 pm
Except I was doing it under the assumption that games would only air on FS1 (their MLB game is late night Tigers/Angels) not also make it up to parent.

Woods has come a long way from the FXFL, which got some play on Mike and Mike (Golic Jr. played for the Brawlers) and had some syndication but that's about it, give him that.
Yes he has - he's learned alot. FXFL was a good concept but even there he over spent. It should have been a local league with NY, CT, Philly, NJ and just SNY and CSN-Philly. Instead of the travel and a far flung TV network. Live and learn. His TSL cost are even lower.
This is why I disagree with the "go big at first approach" for alternative FB (see my post in the "From AAF to XFL to Collaspse thread)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3029
4th&long
MVP

TSL HC Officially Hires Glanville and Cottrell

Post by 4th&long »

TSL HC Officially Hires Glanville and Cottrell, both were Assistant coaches in the XFL as well of course...

https://twitter.com/TheSpringLeague/sta ... 1657405441

>>The Spring League American football @TheSpringLeague
The Head Coach of the #TSLBlues is...TED COTTRELL!

Coach Cottrell has been the DC for 4 different #NFL teams (@BuffaloBills, @nyjets, @Vikings & @Chargers) in addition to many more defensive posts. He returns to lead the Blues squad that went 1-2 at #TSL2020<<

AND...

https://twitter.com/TheSpringLeague/sta ... 6839484435

>> The Spring LeagueAmerican football @TheSpringLeague
The Head Coach of the #TSLConquerors is...JERRY GLANVILLE!

The former Oilers & @AtlantaFalcons
head coach returns to the Conquerors looking to improve on their 1-2 #TSL2020 finish! Coach Glanville brings 50+ years of coaching experience to #TheSpringLeague. <<
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I see indoor football is attempting a comeback with the Champions Football League adding a team in WY and MT among others apparently. It's a different animal but still fun to watch in person on a wintery day.the CFL
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
4th&long
MVP

TSL Aviators HC Terry Shea - Official

Post by 4th&long »

https://twitter.com/TheSpringLeague/sta ... 4616531973

>> The Spring League @TheSpringLeague
1h
The Head Coach of the #TSLAviators is...TERRY SHEA!

#TheSpringLeague's OG head coach guided the Aviators to the #TSL2020 Championship Game. Over the course of his 50+ years of coaching experience, Coach Shea has become well-known for his work with top QBs. <<

No surprise here, Terry has been with TSL and FXFL ( bot B Woods run) for 7 yrs
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Firecop wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:09 pm I see indoor football is attempting a comeback with the Champions Football League adding a team in WY and MT among others apparently. It's a different animal but still fun to watch in person on a wintery day.the CFL
Indoor football never left, some of these leagues however bring the funny--including the scam that is the NGL, which loudly proclaims to be the premier spring league (of what I'm not sure) despite having yet to play a game, making today (4/20) the perfect day for it :lol:

A few IFL teams (Green Bay, Bismarck, Massachusetts, Louisville) are playing 16 games for scheduling reasons, the first are this weekend. The rest kick off in three weeks.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Thanks for the update, I didn't realize the IFL was still in business. I wonder why the CFL is coming to Billings and Capser rather than the IFL again?
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Firecop wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:03 pm Thanks for the update, I didn't realize the IFL was still in business. I wonder why the CFL is coming to Billings and Capser rather than the IFL again?
CIF is a little smaller budget, making it a better fit for some of these smaller markets like Casper and Billings. IFL is making another push at being something a little bigger.

But then again, all of these indoor leagues (and even the AFL near the end of its life) are small ball anyway.