TSL News Thread

Discussion on TSL: The Spring League
4th&long
MVP

TSL News Thread

Post by 4th&long »

Woods is a balz-y guy...

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/cont ... an-antonio

>> "It's quality football. We will put on a very exceptional on field product and our product is no different than the XFL if not better and so the level of talent will be just as good if not better," CEO and founder Brian Woods said. "I think we have something that is actually sustainable, that's actually built for the long haul and so we know that the fans of San Antonio have been supportive in the past, they've been let down multiple times so we want to earn their trust and be here for years to come hopefully."<<

Local TV in SA covering it here. I think this will be a 'soft launch' week 1 - looking forward to seeing how they do.
4th&long
MVP

Betting: TSL News Thread

Post by 4th&long »

SOMEONE is betting on TSL Betting

>>Sportico @Sportico
.@GeniusSportsMed
and @TheSpringLeague, a professional football development league, has partnered to fuel live betting markets on its games for the first time.
9:59 AM · Oct 22, 2020·TweetDeck<<

https://twitter.com/Sportico/status/1319277254552158211
MGB01
MVP

Re: TSL News Thread

Post by MGB01 »

Hey maybe since the Seahawks just brought Mychal Kendricks back they can send Cody Barton down there since his tackling and ball skills are Daniel Jones open fieldesque😁

I mean if we're going big..................
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Erdmann Still Pursuing His Pro Football Dreams

https://gojohnnies.com/news/2020/10/23/ ... reams.aspx

>> The former four-year starter for the Johnnies, who led his team to a berth in the NCAA Division III national semifinals a year ago, is among the players who have been selected to take part in The Spring League – an elite developmental camp established in 2017.Jackson Erdmann_Alex Goldstick

As the name suggests, the league – which is open to players who were eligible to be selected in the previous year's NFL Draft – has played its slate of games in March and April.

But this year, according to the league's website, the decision was made to play a fall season as well "in advance of league expansion for the spring 2021 season." <<

This is what the TSL is about - some big school and some underdogs.

ALSO - The BOLD is VERY interesting. It may actually be that this is a soft launch to work with FS1 and expand both the league and coverage in spring 2021 after all. :D
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

4th&long wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:57 pm It may actually be that this is a soft launch to work with FS1 and expand both the league and coverage in spring 2021 after all. :D
I agree. As we witness the Spring League expanding itself, we see the XFL contracted and thumb twiddling.

However, TSL is still not playing in different markets, and they still don’t have paid rosters. Maybe that is coming. But they will need big money to expand in that way.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

FootballYoda wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:29 am
4th&long wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:57 pm It may actually be that this is a soft launch to work with FS1 and expand both the league and coverage in spring 2021 after all. :D
I agree. As we witness the Spring League expanding itself, we see the XFL contracted and thumb twiddling.

However, TSL is still not playing in different markets, and they still don’t have paid rosters. Maybe that is coming. But they will need big money to expand in that way.
That's the question - what does expansion mean in this league?

It could mean:

1) Playing in more cities - but they still would be drivable IMO to limit expenses

2) I could mean more teams and...

3) And/or more Games & Weeks of play.

To me paying players is more a structure chg than expansion.

I do think anything they do at least in spring will be done with Fox Sports input and coordination.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

4th&long wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:57 pmBut this year, according to the league's website, the decision was made to play a fall season as well "in advance of league expansion for the spring 2021 season."

ALSO - The BOLD is VERY interesting.
Where does that appear on the league's website?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:11 pm
4th&long wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:57 pmBut this year, according to the league's website, the decision was made to play a fall season as well "in advance of league expansion for the spring 2021 season."

ALSO - The BOLD is VERY interesting.
Where does that appear on the league's website?
Good question, I was just quoting the article.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

4th&long wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:21 pmGood question, I was just quoting the article.
Yeah, I understand. I'd be interested in reading the quote in context if you happen upon it.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:23 am
4th&long wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:21 pmGood question, I was just quoting the article.
Yeah, I understand. I'd be interested in reading the quote in context if you happen upon it.
It may have been there and gone, frankly I think the expansion was to now 6 teams. But there could be more. It depends on how many games FoxSports wants on FS1 in the spring. I think they will limit the teams to how many games are to be televised, and that which Fox thinks makes for enough interest.