The Spring League is playing in the Alamodome on FS1

XFL Football discussion.
Joker
Quarterback

The Spring League is playing in the Alamodome on FS1

Post by Joker »

The Spring League will be playing in the Alamodome on Fox FS1.

Meanwhile the XFL is probably having Zoom meeting #75 and talking about players and they won’t have on the field until 2022.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
Sounder
Coach

Re: The Spring League is playing in the Alamodome on FS1

Post by Sounder »

If they do a documentary series involving the telling of personal tragedy stories such as you see on ninja warrior or the Rock's own titan games.....it'll go a long way in convincing me this isn't going to be a serious league. Just entertainment. I wouldn't bother.....nor will I watch.
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

And the ratings will be lower than the high school gymnastics championship on espn 2. The TSL is a non issue. If I wanted to watch guys pay to play football there's tons of semipro leagues in local parks you could check out.
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

... and with many of the same players that were in the XFL.

The Alamodome is a big change for the Spring League. Plus the broadcaster. They are doing something the XFL won’t bother to try.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

FootballYoda wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:55 am ... and with many of the same players that were in the XFL.

The Alamodome is a big change for the Spring League. Plus the broadcaster. They are doing something the XFL won’t bother to try.
TSL has been charging players to participate - like paying a golf pro or going to a baseball camp. I don't think those players will be spending their time virtue signaling - their focus will be 100% to get their money's worth and a shot at the NFL/CFL.

I'm wondering if the TSL is waiving the fee for select players - to get some names there? I'm not sure that's wise or not if they are.

I'm sure the TSL will be very rough at start week 1-2 and be better for 3-4. I think this fall season is a prep for future and a testing ground for TSL and FS1/Fox.
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

I think the deal is that the players don’t get paid, and they pay their own expenses. So, it’s totally a showcase. But the big deal is FS1, so there’s a chance for that kind of TV exposure. Might be worth it. I hope they have insurance.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

FootballYoda wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:47 pm I think the deal is that the players don’t get paid, and they pay their own expenses. So, it’s totally a showcase. But the big deal is FS1, so there’s a chance for that kind of TV exposure. Might be worth it. I hope they have insurance.
FBYoda - Its even more than being on FS1 - The TSL has stated that they will be sending player film to all NFL teams. They are positioning themselves to be a more 'true' Dev league to the NFL. Woods' dream for years.

Also I agree we've heard that players pay a fee and ins in the past but they may wave that for name players with the FS1 deal, its speculation but plausible.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Alamodome TSL tickets on sale

>>The Spring League
American football Retweeted
Alamodome@Alamodome
🎟
ON SALE NOW: @TheSpringLeague
- Conquerors vs. Generals. Oct. 27 at the Alamodome. Tickets are available at the Box Office during normal business hours (M-F, 10AM-4PM) and on game day.
White heavy check mark
For safety plan and fan guide, visit https://bit.ly/3mdFeLT <<

https://twitter.com/Alamodome/status/13 ... 8000030723
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Fans allowed? In a fully enclosed arena? Bold strategy, Cotton.