Dwayne Johnson & Dany Garcia to appear on VICE TV tonight

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Dwayne Johnson & Dany Garcia to appear on VICE TV tonight

Post by GregParks »

FYI

It'll be 10pm EST and they'll be talking XFL, among other subjects.
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Re: Dwayne Johnson & Dany Garcia to appear on VICE TV tonight

Post by 4th&long »

Thanks GP. I may miss that, can you post on what they say here?
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

4th&long wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:49 pm Thanks GP. I may miss that, can you post on what they say here?
You got it.
@gregmparks
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

This should be good. It will represent the first messaging by the new owners since they announced the 2022 restart.

Maybe some details of re-hirings? More about 24/7-365 XFL?

I need to figure out how to watch VICE.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I have read that the main topic tonight will be social justice and sports. Not sure if we are going to get any significant XFL news.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:30 pm I have read that the main topic tonight will be social justice and sports. Not sure if we are going to get any significant XFL news.
Apparently we already have: the no-kneeling during the anthem rule is now gone. And now they'll ENCOURAGE it, even after all the damage it did to other sports.

Well, I'm done with this league.

You don't have to stand for the anthem—Amish and Jehovah's Witnesses, among others, abstain and that's their right—but it's not a venue for grievances against the country it stands for, most of which were nothing more than media circuses cherry-picked and taken out of context anyway.

So if that is what the Rock is cooking, it smells like shit. I'm out. I'll go watch rodeo.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:30 pm I have read that the main topic tonight will be social justice and sports. Not sure if we are going to get any significant XFL news.
I guess we already saw the main message.

FYI, the topic of “kneeling” was one of the questions I asked Dany’s people about three weeks ago. In return, I only heard crickets.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MarkNelson wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:34 pm
I guess we already saw the main message.

FYI, the topic of “kneeling” was one of the questions I asked Dany’s people about three weeks ago. In return, I only heard crickets.
From Crickets to a Locust Swarm :o
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:00 pmWell, I'm done with this league.
It was a pleasure. Best of luck on rodeoboard.com.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

From the relevant parts of the show tonight...

-Johnson talked about how Garcia suggested they purchase the XFL, the story we've all heard by now
-Garcia talked about what sports has meant to their lives, both of them being life-long athletes
-Johnson acknowledged the "uphill battle" and how the "odds are stacked against us," but he talked about how the ownership team and football operations looked at the financials and economics and really dug in on that
-He also mentioned his football background and how he had to close that chapter, but he can open it for others - he said this opportunity struck him in his soul because of that experience
-Garcia mentioned the XFL being a league of culture, representative of who they are. If a player wants to kneel or stand, they can, but they get to be diversified in expression
-Johnson said as Americans we get to enjoy freedoms, and the owners can create a pathway to take care of players
-Garcia talked about how exciting it is to be the first woman owner of a pro sports league, and while that was never her intention, she set out to follow up on something she's very passionate about

That was about it for the XFL part.
@gregmparks