Market Watch

XFL Football discussion.
Tank55
MVP

Market Watch

Post by Tank55 »

The Tampa Sports Authority wants Vince McMahon's, the former XFL owner, to pay $90k before consenting 2 pass on the TB Vipers lease at Raymond James Stadium to the new XFL owners, a court filing shows. This suggests the new owners, led by "The Rock", intend to keep the TB market.
https://twitter.com/KaplanSportsBiz/sta ... 5403483136
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Joker
Quarterback

Re: Market Watch

Post by Joker »

This is proof they are staying in Tampa? Okay. I was unaware they were leaving Tampa.

Also, what if McMahon doesn’t pay the bill? I mean... will all the creditors be paid out through the bankruptcy? I doubt it.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

I don't think it's proof, just a tea leaf.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

Tank55 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:22 am I don't think it's proof, just a tea leaf.
LOL. Exactly. Seriously, we do not even know if the league wants to play in Raymond James Stadium in the next few months, let alone the next calendar year.

XFL news sites are shooting their goo creating news when there isn't much to talk about.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:14 pm
The Tampa Sports Authority wants Vince McMahon's, the former XFL owner, to pay $90k before consenting 2 pass on the TB Vipers lease at Raymond James Stadium to the new XFL owners, a court filing shows. This suggests the new owners, led by "The Rock", intend to keep the TB market.
https://twitter.com/KaplanSportsBiz/sta ... 5403483136
This is interesting. They may be looking for consistency (chg take more effort) If Spurrier is avail for TB - they'll go with that though.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Joker wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:44 am This is proof they are staying in Tampa? Okay. I was unaware they were leaving Tampa.

Also, what if McMahon doesn’t pay the bill? I mean... will all the creditors be paid out through the bankruptcy? I doubt it.
I thought Tampa Bay had given McMahon three years rent-free. So I don't know why they want $90,000 now.

But there was talk before McMahon put the XFL into bankruptcy that, now that the AAF was out of the way, they'd move the Vipers to Orlando.
XFL2020
Receiver

Post by XFL2020 »

Won’t be needing a stadium in Tampa if they’re playing in a bubble in Houston.

Won’t be needing a stadium in Tampa in 2021 if they aren’t playing until 2022.

Just two possible scenarios that make any news about stadiums moot.

I wish they would just announce their intentions so we can stop talking about “if” and “what if”
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

XFL2020 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:41 pm Won’t be needing a stadium in Tampa if they’re playing in a bubble in Houston.

Won’t be needing a stadium in Tampa in 2021 if they aren’t playing until 2022.

Just two possible scenarios that make any news about stadiums moot.

I wish they would just announce their intentions so we can stop talking about “if” and “what if”
Why would we assume Houston's the site of the host bubble? Oliver Luck, who was the big Houston guy, is long gone.