Will the XFL play in a Covid free bubble?

XFL Football discussion.
Tank55
MVP

Re: Will the XFL play in a Covid free bubble?

Post by Tank55 »

Or just don't play anything. It's a football game.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

SamTheRam28 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:16 am
4th&long wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:46 pm
Firecop wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:09 pm I don't know about a COVID free bubble but I sure hope that they play in a Political and Protest free bubble!
^
POST OF THE YEAR!
I'm not very optimistic with Garcia's posts about Kamala Harris and Johnson's posts about Jacob Blake, George Floyd, etc.

Either Pollack will have to talk some sense into them and tell them that part of the appeal of the XFL is the lack of politics, or we have to hope that all this race war garbage is passed by the time the league starts play again.
Like I said before - 1st woman owner of sports league.... no one cares its 2020, many female sports teams owners. You want to be recognized? Make XFL a success. Then people may kiss the ring.

If they poison the XFL with SJW slogans and kneel for national anthem - oh well - burn that money they invested. No one will shed a tear.

But if they chose wisely and let the NFL bury itself - they can capitalize on fan desire for sports to be about well... sports. After the election the push will drop anyway as the politicians will have less use for it. So I hope for the best.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

If the XFL doesn't do anything, players in the XFL will end up kneeling while the national anthem is playing. This XFL will need some sort of policy dealing with this as if the XFL doesn't do anything, that is a signal to players that they can do anything they want in regards to dealing with social justice.
Last edited by GDAWG on Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:03 pm
Tank55 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:17 am Or just don't play anything. It's a football game.
If the XFL doesn't do anything, players in the XFL will end up kneeling while the national anthem is playing. This XFL will need some sort of policy dealing with this as if the XFL doesn't do anything, that is a signal to players that they can do anything they want in regards to dealing with social justice.
Agreed. A policy in place that stand for Anthem - if they want to appease the mob they can support 'off hours' activities.

These atheletes have little leverage and the XFL should remind the players - this league is a chance for income and possible big money in NFL. The focus is 100% on the Fans, FB and game experience.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

I'm saying don't play the anthem at all.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:43 pm I'm saying don't play the anthem at all.
That is why God Bless America and or America The Beautiful should be options.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Yeah, and I'm saying don't play those either. Don't play anything.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:29 pm Yeah, and I'm saying don't play those either. Don't play anything.
It's America, play the Anthem. They'll just find another trigger if you cave.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Right, it's America, not North Korea. The football game isn't here to serve the pregame pomp; the pregame pomp is here to serve the football game. I love Whitney Houston and the F-15s as much as the next guy, but when it starts detracting from the game -- the thing that actually matters -- it's not "caving" to drop it. It's putting your product ahead of lame culture war BS.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:38 pm Right, it's America, not North Korea. The football game isn't here to serve the pregame pomp; the pregame pomp is here to serve the football game. I love Whitney Houston and the F-15s as much as the next guy, but when it starts detracting from the game -- the thing that actually matters -- it's not "caving" to drop it. It's putting your product ahead of lame culture war BS.
Well we disagree. It is caving if you don't play the anthem. Playing the anthem is common in sports throughout the world. Anthem is national pride, not politics. Injecting SJW into sports "in your face" is injecting politics into sports.

The point is NFL is not eliminating the Anthem - they are injecting politics into sports and using a sledge hammer not a scalpel - its a real turn off.

Jason Whitlock (formerly on FS1) from Outkick describes it well.

https://www.outkick.com/roger-goodell-t ... g-the-nfl/