Will the XFL play in a Covid free bubble?

XFL Football discussion.
XFL2020
Receiver

Will the XFL play in a Covid free bubble?

Post by XFL2020 »

Like a lot of people I’m waiting to see whether The Rock and Dany Garcia decide to put the XFL in a bubble and play a season either this fall or next spring. I’m willing to bet they’re looking closely at this model because it may work well with whatever television production they have planned.

As the Rock says, brung it. Just bring it.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Will the XFL play in a Covid free bubble?

Post by GDAWG »

XFL2020 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:00 am Like a lot of people I’m waiting to see whether The Rock and Dany Garcia decide to put the XFL in a bubble and play a season either this fall or next spring. I’m willing to bet they’re looking closely at this model because it may work well with whatever television production they have planned.

I don't think there's enough time for them to do it. I am going to say that they start in 2022.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:18 pm
XFL2020 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:00 am Like a lot of people I’m waiting to see whether The Rock and Dany Garcia decide to put the XFL in a bubble and play a season either this fall or next spring. I’m willing to bet they’re looking closely at this model because it may work well with whatever television production they have planned.

I don't think there's enough time for them to do it. I am going to say that they start in 2022.
Depends on how much infrastructure is left. If the word that they were secretly open to a degree during the closure is true then chances of playing to some extent in say May-June (truly dead time, more TV spots opening up) are much better.

Especially that the Big Ten and Pac 12 will be playing, if so, in January and February with a conference championship game in March the week before their basketball tournaments and the remaining G5s/FCS won't be a thing, especially since a few of them will still play scattered games this fall anyway (hell North Dakota State will play one game, then Trey Lance is expected to bounce for the draft, so he'll technically do what Nick Bosa effectively did a couple years ago and declare during the season).

Sure MLB, NBA, and NHL are much bigger fish, but you'd be surprised what could happen in mere months.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:18 pm

Plenty of time

No play in 2021, don't bother - they could have just started another league and saved $24mm (purchase price plus debt)
There isn't enough fan good will to stretch till 2022 and people are ready to get on with life.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

I wonder how Rock and Dany are planning to present this. Whether there's gonna be a "reality" storytelling "making dreams come true" profiling element. Kinda like the XFL meets the Titan Games.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I don't know about a COVID free bubble but I sure hope that they play in a Political and Protest free bubble!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Firecop wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:09 pm I don't know about a COVID free bubble but I sure hope that they play in a Political and Protest free bubble!
^
POST OF THE YEAR!
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

4th&long wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:46 pm
Firecop wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:09 pm I don't know about a COVID free bubble but I sure hope that they play in a Political and Protest free bubble!
^
POST OF THE YEAR!
I'm not very optimistic with Garcia's posts about Kamala Harris and Johnson's posts about Jacob Blake, George Floyd, etc.

Either Pollack will have to talk some sense into them and tell them that part of the appeal of the XFL is the lack of politics, or we have to hope that all this race war garbage is passed by the time the league starts play again.
St. Louis BattleHawks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

SamTheRam28 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:16 am
^
POST OF THE YEAR!
I'm not very optimistic with Garcia's posts about Kamala Harris and Johnson's posts about Jacob Blake, George Floyd, etc.

Either Pollack will have to talk some sense into them and tell them that part of the appeal of the XFL is the lack of politics, or we have to hope that all this race war garbage is passed by the time the league starts play again.
Their daughter has been seen on Instagram protesting when she's not attending WWE tapings.

The XFL can change this by not playing the national anthem and instead using God Bless America or America the Beautiful.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:28 am
SamTheRam28 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:16 am

^
POST OF THE YEAR!

Their daughter has been seen on Instagram protesting when she's not attending WWE tapings.

The XFL can change this by not playing the national anthem and instead using God Bless America or America the Beautiful.
Play Ray Charles version, problem solved. Who the hell in their right mind is gonna protest that? (And/or if you move to Orlando, play John Legend's from WM XXIV)