XFL now in the hands of Dany Garcia, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and RedBird Capital

XFL Football discussion.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

XFL now in the hands of Dany Garcia, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and RedBird Capital

Post by MarkNelson »

(21 August 2020) Statement from the XFL:

Dany Garcia, Dwayne Johnson and RedBird Capital Partners announced that the acquisition of the XFL was closed and the new ownership group has officially assumed full control of the XFL and its assets.

We want to thank those who helped make this possible behind the scenes, including: Grant Tani Barash & Altman; PJT Partners; Sidley Austin LLP; Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP; Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor, LLP; and Houlihan Lokey.

With this news, the XFL can continue under new ownership.

New owner Dany Garcia broadcasted her remarks on social media, along with a graphic representing the owner’s “key” to the league, just as the change of ownership was made official. The blade of the key bore her silhouette.

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson also took to social media to announce his pleasure in the transition of ownership being complete. He also sent out an image of his own key to the league, with the key blade bearing his own silhouette.
xfl keys.JPG
xfl keys.JPG (49.07 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
XFL2020
Receiver

Re: XFL now in the hands of Dany Garcia, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and RedBird Capital

Post by XFL2020 »

The keys are cool. I just know these guys will do something special with this league.
4th&long
MVP

Re: XFL now in the hands of Dany Garcia, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and RedBird Capital

Post by 4th&long »

MarkNelson wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:52 pm (21 August 2020) Statement from the XFL:

Dany Garcia, Dwayne Johnson and RedBird Capital Partners announced that the acquisition of the XFL was closed and the new ownership group has officially assumed full control of the XFL and its assets.

We want to thank those who helped make this possible behind the scenes, including: Grant Tani Barash & Altman; PJT Partners; Sidley Austin LLP; Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP; Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor, LLP; and Houlihan Lokey.

With this news, the XFL can continue under new ownership.

New owner Dany Garcia broadcasted her remarks on social media, along with a graphic representing the owner’s “key” to the league, just as the change of ownership was made official. The blade of the key bore her silhouette.

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson also took to social media to announce his pleasure in the transition of ownership being complete. He also sent out an image of his own key to the league, with the key blade bearing his own silhouette.
xfl keys.JPG
I could give a Rats Azz about the keys, less talk and symbolism, more action. Being the owner (man or woman) means nothing. Being a SUCCESS - THEN you can toot the horn
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

4th&long wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:31 pm I could give a Rats Azz about the keys, less talk and symbolism, more action. Being the owner (man or woman) means nothing. Being a SUCCESS - THEN you can toot the horn
I would argue that The Rock and Dany Garcia have nothing to prove in the success arena.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Joker wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:17 pm
4th&long wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:31 pm I could give a Rats Azz about the keys, less talk and symbolism, more action. Being the owner (man or woman) means nothing. Being a SUCCESS - THEN you can toot the horn
I would argue that The Rock and Dany Garcia have nothing to prove in the success arena.
That wasn't my point, my point was specific to the XFL - it irrelevant if you are the first woman owner. There has to be some substantive success ( a season?) before being a woman owner of a sports league is relevant. And I want this group to succeed, believe me.