Fans will be back in the stands

XFL Football discussion.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Fans will be back in the stands

Post by GDAWG »

The virus has hit the NFL, NHL and MLB these last two weeks. I don't think we'll see any team sports for 2020.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GDAWG wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:31 pm I don't think we'll see any team sports for 2020.
Then how can you expect it to ever come back? If it's not safe in 2020, why will it magically disappear in 2021?

There's a narrow window to get a virus under control: if you miss it, it becomes endemic and you'll never get it under control. It's looking more and more like coronavirus has become endemic. No vaccine has ever been developed for a coronavirus and some studies are already showing that those who had it earlier in the outbreak have already lost their antibodies.

That might be the chilling reality that the only way to stop it is Darwinian natural selection: those that are susceptible, die, leaving behind those whose bodies can naturally resist it.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:01 pm
GDAWG wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:31 pm I don't think we'll see any team sports for 2020.
Then how can you expect it to ever come back? If it's not safe in 2020, why will it magically disappear in 2021?

There's a narrow window to get a virus under control: if you miss it, it becomes endemic and you'll never get it under control. It's looking more and more like coronavirus has become endemic. No vaccine has ever been developed for a coronavirus and some studies are already showing that those who had it earlier in the outbreak have already lost their antibodies.

That might be the chilling reality that the only way to stop it is Darwinian natural selection: those that are susceptible, die, leaving behind those whose bodies can naturally resist it.
Yet restaurants and other businesses opening are mobbed. The scared rabbit isn't scared, even risk groups are going out.

These players are all mostly under 30 and definitely 40 (sans brady) - the risks are sooo extremely low for these age groups. Granted coaches are diff but they can take precautions.

European soccer is back. So will USA sports. But if they don't - its their loss.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:01 pm

What I think will eventually happen is that it will end up like the common cold, it's always around, but it can be contained via medicine.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

IMG_20200624_163749.jpg
IMG_20200624_163749.jpg (8.38 KiB) Viewed 4072 times
Now that face masks are being made mandatory, you'll have to wear one.....but why not be the coolest cat and do it XFL style?
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Sounder wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:43 pm IMG_20200624_163749.jpg

Now that face masks are being made mandatory, you'll have to wear one.....but why not be the coolest cat and do it XFL style?
Seriously though, lots of people wanted the team logo bandanas that the players wore on the field. The league could've made a mint selling those to be worn as face masks, or even just selling traditional face masks. The league just didn't last long enough to get to do that.
@gregmparks
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I wouldn't exactly say that Greg, I just bought a Dragons one for 8 bucks on ebay!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Firecop wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:24 pm I wouldn't exactly say that Greg, I just bought a Dragons one for 8 bucks on ebay!
Huh. Good on ya for that find!
@gregmparks
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Firecop wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:24 pm I wouldn't exactly say that Greg, I just bought a Dragons one for 8 bucks on ebay!
Well then, if I see someone wearing one .....it might just be you.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Count on it Sounder!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair