XFL Terminates All Employees

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Re: XFL Terminates All Employees

Post by 4th&long »

I do not think this is Spring FB's last chance. XFL and lesser extent AAF proved it can get TV ratings.

But China's Corona virus has set back the entire west. ONLY temporarily assuming we wise up.

Some other wealthy guys with money to burn or group of investors will go for it. FB rules and someone(s) will do it.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

4th&long wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:45 pm I do not think this is Spring FB's last chance. XFL and lesser extent AAF proved it can get TV ratings.

But China's Corona virus has set back the entire west. ONLY temporarily assuming we wise up.

Some other wealthy guys with money to burn or group of investors will go for it. FB rules and someone(s) will do it.
We have to get to the point where the virus is far enough extinct for large crowds to be allowed again. We have a few paranoid governors who are going to be very hesitant to do that.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:19 pm
4th&long wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:45 pm I do not think this is Spring FB's last chance. XFL and lesser extent AAF proved it can get TV ratings.

We have to get to the point where the virus is far enough extinct for large crowds to be allowed again. We have a few paranoid governors who are going to be very hesitant to do that.
This is why VM may have decided to bail on 2021, which means no need for 2020 operations. Not to mention the huge hit WWE took and it had issues before corona.
nick1091
Running Back

Post by nick1091 »

Aside from the reasons mentioned is the very real possibility of other sports delaying their starts for the upcoming year. At this point the NFLseems gung ho on business as usual, but not sure the feasability of that since there's no way of knowing whether teams will actually be able to have training camps, OTAs, etc. based on the current restrictions. Any delays there really hurts the XFL, since the window for them to have a full season is already razor thin.

Never say never, but I think for at least of the forseeable future, this was the best shot at spring football in what seems like forever. XFL really had a perfect storm of strong football ops and personnel, day 1 network TV coverage, and a really strong source of capital. Normally people would want to make a go of it in this type of endeavor if they feel like they can fix what a previous attempt did wrong, but other than having their debut season in the middle of a pandemic, XFL did just about everything right.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

The thing would be, lets say 2021 sports gets back to normal. Season starts running normally again. How fast would it take for Vince to get the XFL going again. Would we need as much time to look to 2023? Or can it be done for a 2022?
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

The XFL does not need to re-invent a whole lot of the wheel, just parts of it. They already have names, uni.s gear etc. And would have to focus on staffs, venues and TV again . They can do it is VM WANTS to, but does he? It was a perfect storm of misfortune that could not be predicted avoided, or handled better. Truth be told I am both dismayed and despondent an feel badly for everyone involved.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

steinerfhc wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:41 am The thing would be, lets say 2021 sports gets back to normal. Season starts running normally again. How fast would it take for Vince to get the XFL going again. Would we need as much time to look to 2023? Or can it be done for a 2022?
If they are not coming back in 2021, they are not coming back at all.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:20 pm
steinerfhc wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:41 am The thing would be, lets say 2021 sports gets back to normal. Season starts running normally again. How fast would it take for Vince to get the XFL going again. Would we need as much time to look to 2023? Or can it be done for a 2022?
If they are not coming back in 2021, they are not coming back at all.
One aside >>I want to thank Communist China again for its great gift to the Free World.<<

Back on XFl... I hope that is not the case. As getting the WWE back intact and blaming a year off due to China Corona virus. Fans will understand that unlike a league financial collapse. So 2022 is not off the table.

Disney just furloughed its employees too. O Luck should have paid through March and called it a day and saved money. Its easy to be generous with OPM. When u cancel a season that's what you do. So I hope they keep a skeleton crew in place, get thru calendar 2020 with WWE in better shape and regroup in 2021. Alot of moving parts involved but it all comes down to post Corona revenue. WWE needs fans too.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

2022 is tough, because he'd be working around the Winter Olympics and the NFL season will likely have expanded to 17 games by then. The window of opportunity for a league like the XFL will likely have been closed by that point.

I hate to say it, but logistically speaking, it looks like it's over. And I say this as an ardent football fan.
Prolific13
Rookie

Post by Prolific13 »

Seems to me they made this move for a possible few reasons
1. To Conserve their finances most importantly, they don't need to staff workers for the XFL anymore if they switch to Primary investor of MLFB and Tony Khan. Its like merging and having cutbacks.
2. XFL is no more but will return as a bigger Stronger Stable League uniting with MLFB President/CEO Frank Murtha,Investor Relations Kevin McLenithan & Tony Khan who wants to resurrect the Alliance league so perhaps the XFL teams & AAF teams will return under the banner of MLFB who may be able to attract franchise owners for each team.

At least thats what I want to happen.