XFL Terminates All Employees

XFL Football discussion.
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

XFL Terminates All Employees

Post by SamTheRam28 »

https://twitter.com/KonnorFulk_XFL/stat ... 45696?s=19
Breaking News: The #XFL has terminated all of its employees. A small “skeleton crew” of league execs will continue to work at the CT HQ.
https://twitter.com/KonnorFulk_XFL/stat ... 26465?s=19
The #XFL has suspended its Day to Day operations effective immediately and all team and league employees have been terminated

The statement was read to employees through a conference call by League President Jeffrey Pollack. No questions were taken. Call lasted all of 10 minutes
https://twitter.com/KonnorFulk_XFL/stat ... 18241?s=19
The #XFL has suspended its Day to Day operations effective immediately and all team and league employees have been terminated

The statement was read to employees through a conference call by League President Jeffrey Pollack. No questions were taken. Call lasted all of 10 minutes
St. Louis BattleHawks
GDAWG
MVP

Re: XFL Terminates All Employees

Post by GDAWG »

That's not good for the league's chances of returning.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Well that sucks big time. Even if they come back, all new staffs and coaches?
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

About 99% chance there's no 2021 season at this point. Hard to quantify how things look beyond that but certainly not good.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

https://www.espn.com/xfl/story/_/id/290 ... eturn-2021
It was not immediately clear if (Oliver Luck) is still with the league.
If true then the league is almost back to square one. Still, I doubt the league makes any "official" announcement on folding until the pandemic is over
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Wow.

So Alpha Entertainment still likely has a couple hundred million cash in the bank. Will that be rolled back into WWE (to cushion its losses from not being able to have audiences) or put into some other venue?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

There's nothing right now to do anything for year two--everybody is going to lose tons of money, where do you think that leaves startups? (hell I wouldn't be shocked if AEW shuts down at some point, so as kind of odd that is to see Vince and Tony Khan in the same boat, it is what it is)

So anything, even my last post, was kind of wishful thinking
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

Well, this definitely isn’t good. And if Oliver Luck was let go, then it’d be all over. If Luck is still employed, then the door is at least still slightly cracked open.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Luck's making $10M a year. I don't think he's a cost effective guy to leave on the skeleton crew.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

MGB01 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:02 pm There's nothing right now to do anything for year two--everybody is going to lose tons of money, where do you think that leaves startups? (hell I wouldn't be shocked if AEW shuts down at some point, so as kind of odd that is to see Vince and Tony Khan in the same boat, it is what it is)

So anything, even my last post, was kind of wishful thinking
AEW has been on a break since last week, they pre-recorded a bunch of stuff all the way until late May. WWE was on a three week break, but they are shooting stuff for the next few days and then will be on another break again.