XFL players signing with NFL teams tracker

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

XFL players signing with NFL teams tracker

Post by GregParks »

XFL players were eligible to sign with NFL teams beginning at 9am this morning.

First up: Houston QB PJ Walker signed with Carolina and will play for his old college coach, Matt Rhule. Walker will compete with Kyle Allen and Will Grier to back up (or maybe even compete with) Teddy Bridgewater. Seattle and Arizona were also hot after Walker, per Diana Russini.

According to Doug Kyed, who covers the Patriots, Dallas TE Donald Parham has multiple offers from NFL teams he's currently weighing.
@gregmparks
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Re: XFL players signing with NFL teams tracker

Post by steinerfhc »

I feel several through out the league will get over. Walker is not a surprise, I expected him. I also seeing Jordan Ta'amu getting picked up as for as QBs go. It will be also interesting to see what QBs become available.From either undrafted players or unsigned, or released at camp guys. There are going to be someone pushed out or missed.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

The Panthers have traded QB Kyle Allen to Washington, eliminating one obstacle in Walker’s way of making the team.

Tom Pelissero is reporting multiple teams have interest in St. Louis QB Jordan Ta’amu, who could sign today.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I would assume that they can come back to the XFL for next season if they don't make it in the NFL......that is of course if their is an XFL season in 2021, which I think that there will be, but who knows how long this pandemic is going to last.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:19 pm I would assume that they can come back to the XFL for next season if they don't make it in the NFL
I don't see why not.

Second player off the board is another Roughneck: CB Deatrick Nichols, who led the XFL in interceptions, goes to the Saints, per his agent on Twitter.
@gregmparks
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

St. Louis QB Jordan Ta'amu has signed with the Chiefs, per his agent. He'll fight to back up Patrick Mahomes.
@gregmparks
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

Any day now it’ll be Matt McGloins turn lol.

In all seriousness, I expect Cameron Artis-Payne to get another shot in the NFL. Any news on him?
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Metallifreak10 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:28 am
In all seriousness, I expect Cameron Artis-Payne to get another shot in the NFL. Any news on him?
Nothing that I’ve seen yet. There may be a slow trickle of signings until perhaps after the draft, when XFL players were initially going to be available to be signed by teams before the season ended prematurely.
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Metallifreak10 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:28 am Any day now it’ll be Matt McGloins turn lol.

His problem though is being a 30 y/o back competing with younger low round/UFAs for RB3. Even if it's only for the league min the younger back wins every time (mostly cause teams are looking for the next Phillip Lindsay/Austin Ekeler/Chris Carson/pre-fracture Thomas Rawls).

Maybe Rivera brings him to DC, but an old AP and Derrius Guice has played in a handful of games (and add Peyton Barber) that wouldn't be very reassuring.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

S Dravon Askew-Henry of the Guardians to the Giants on a two-year deal.
@gregmparks