Game Thread: St. Louis BattleHawks @ DC Defenders Sun 8-Mar-20 3PM ET on FS1

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: Game Thread: St. Louis BattleHawks @ DC Defenders Sun 8-Mar-20 3PM ET on FS1

Post by MGB01 »

16,342, second attendance bump of the week
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: Game Thread: St. Louis BattleHawks @ DC Defenders Sun 8-Mar-20 3PM ET on FS1

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

BengalErnst wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:57 pm No one must be watching this game. Board is absolutely dead
It's a beautiful day where I'm at. Plus with DST kicking in, plenty of sunshine and later into the evening.

Smart move by the league to put the Wildcats game at 9.
StoneSentry
Running Back

Post by StoneSentry »

Still watching, but there's not a ton to say about it. The Defenders should be up by two scores but are constantly shooting themselves in the foot. It's maddening. I wish I was there in person, then at least I would be drunk and enjoying myself more.
MadJack
Linebacker

Post by MadJack »

It has been great defence
StoneSentry
Running Back

Post by StoneSentry »

Well, it's over. The Battlehawks are still for real; not quite sure about the Defenders yet. They were too inconsistent to inspire much confidence, but they did manage to win.

Marquette King took a bad hit to his punting leg in the fourth quarter. I hope he's all right.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

That was a Defensive battle. DC really turned it on when the QB changed. Wasn't expect the Battlehawk struggle so much with penalties and feel short on 4 and inches. Not with that run game.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

You have to give the Defenders fanbase credit. There is a reason they're 3-0 at home and 0-2 on the road, and the Audi Field environment is part of that.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:22 pm You have to give the Defenders fanbase credit. There is a reason they're 3-0 at home and 0-2 on the road, and the Audi Field environment is part of that.
The cup snake was pretty cool and did set themselves apart from others.
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

Good defensive battle, but it was frustrating to watch. Both teams had a lot of missed opportunities.
HVGuardian
Receiver

Post by HVGuardian »

Ratings for this game are going to be terrible. Combine:
1) a boring game
2) a beautiful day weather wise in the north east
3) FS1

And you have a recipe for very low tv ratings. Hope I am wrong but social media engagement seems to back me up.