Game Thread: Seattle Dragons @ Houston Roughnecks Sat 7-Mar-20 2PM ET on ABC

XFL Football discussion.
StoneSentry
Running Back

Re: Game Thread: Seattle Dragons @ Houston Roughnecks Sat 7-Mar-20 2PM ET on ABC

Post by StoneSentry »

Walker's intercepted again, this time along the sideline by a diving Jordan Martin, but Houston is all over Seattle and forces a quick 3 and out. Their next drive eats up nearly six minutes, getting them an awesome TD to Cam Phillips and their first lead of the game. They try a 2-point conversion for some reason, which fails, and it's a 26-23 game.

Dragons offense has been swarmed throughout the second half. They look tired and overwhelmed by the crowd noise.
Joker
Quarterback

Re: Game Thread: Seattle Dragons @ Houston Roughnecks Sat 7-Mar-20 2PM ET on ABC

Post by Joker »

Cam Phillips gets his second TD to put Houston ahead 32-23. Okay Seattle, let's get going!
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

Houston's Demarquez Gates recovers the fumble, punches someone and gets evicted from the game. At least he now owns a Dragons football.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

I call that a major fail. 2 seconds remaining and the game ended. The broadcast booth knew it.

I thought the broadcast booth was audio connected to the sky judge?

I can't wait to hear the explanation of this one.
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Comeback period...why have it?

Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

The game is over because the game us over????????!!!!!! That ducks and hurts the league, I am PISSED!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
StoneSentry
Running Back

Post by StoneSentry »

Houston's best defender, DeMarquis Gates, forces a fumble to end another Seattle drive. This has to be Houston's biggest crowd of the season, and the loudest. Gates is already signing fans' towels on the sideline as the Roughnecks ice the game, 32-23.

It looked like there should have been a few seconds left on the clock for Seattle. The broadcast team makes a big deal out of it. A poor decision by the officials, who should have reviewed the play but just ran off the field. The Dragons' offense looked finished a quarter ago, but it's the principle of the thing.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Ok Andibald.....the XFL champion will have at least four losses.