Johnny Manziel begs Oliver Luck to take him into the XFL

XFL Football discussion.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Re: Johnny Manziel begs Oliver Luck to take him into the XFL

Post by Regular Joe »

Year One is about the league. They did the best they could to keep the XFL brand the main focus.

To bring in Manziel from Day One, I think that may have affected the media's view of the XFL. The media have been very kind to the fledgeling league.

With that said, Team 9 or Year Two. The guys 26 years old with a Heisman. You can't tell me the 3rd string option on any of these teams is a better option.

From a business perspective I totally get them not bringing in Manziel day one.

Now sign him!!
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Where does Johnny Manziel get off saying like "I'm gonna be your savior" when he hasn't been able to prove to anyone that he can even handle a ball pump? I still say no The league is doing great.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Regular Joe wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:45 am Year One is about the league. They did the best they could to keep the XFL brand the main focus.

To bring in Manziel from Day One, I think that may have affected the media's view of the XFL. The media have been very kind to the fledgeling league.

With that said, Team 9 or Year Two. The guys 26 years old with a Heisman. You can't tell me the 3rd string option on any of these teams is a better option.

Now sign him!!

See there you go, this is what all the Kaep riders do with him: talk about how he played in a Super Bowl--the same year Johnny won the Heisman. That was seven years ago what have you done since?

Are there better options than Corndog, Aaron Murray, and Matty Iced? Sure, but I'd rather have the better options.
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

Regular Joe wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:45 am Year One is about the league. They did the best they could to keep the XFL brand the main focus.

Now sign him!!
Agreed with your point on year one. XFL first. Why I think things like personalized names on jerseys didn’t make the cut year one (I m sure fans, players and tradition would love this, but let’s legitimize the league first).

At this point the league has the advantage on Johnny. Maybe he’s checked out of football or really doesn’t get it. Seeing what PJ’s doing in Aggieland has got to have him thinking on some level (he’s absolutely watching the league). But the league doesn’t really need him right now. He needs to show he’s all in and making XFL number 1. He burned his bridges with the CFL, didn’t really do much in the AAF and the NFL doesn’t need him at all. This is it.

If he does come in this year, its John Manziel playing for team 9, and busting his tail. His money will come if he balls out.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Where does Manziel fit best?

Houston- Forget that. Manziel would be no better than a third string quarterback.

Dallas- Door shut a long time ago by Moose. Manziel is not even a better player than Dungey at this point.

Seattle- Debatable if Johnny could crack the top three. Daniels has better roster versatility and Callahan is a better thrower.

Los Angeles- It depends what Norm Chow thinks of him. Manziel would obviously not start over Josh Johnson. Kanoff and McClendon are very raw but at least they know the system.

New York- McGloin, Marquise and Luis Perez have the top three spots locked up. No room for Manziel.

DC- Manziel’s only shot would be third string behind Cardale and Tyree.

St. Louis- Team has three useful young quarterbacks. Ta’amu, Heinicke and Nick Fitzgerald. No room for Johnny.

Tampa- You could argue for Manziel over Cornelius on the roster, although Cornelius has better arm talent. No way Manziel plays over Flowers. So it comes down to whether Tampa keeps Murray as their lone veteran. My guess is that they do just for locker room presence alone. Something that Johnny lacks.

Manziel should go play and practice on Team 9 in Texas. Humble yourself and work hard.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Isn't Callahan on Team 9? I think Seattle's only going with two QBs right now.

If Manziel wants to play, there's a place for him, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:00 pm Isn't Callahan on Team 9? I think Seattle's only going with two QBs right now.

If Manziel wants to play, there's a place for him, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Yes. Keenan Reynolds is their number 3 QB
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

He likely needs the XFL more than the XFL needs him. The XFL is about good football not name value. So if he wants to play, have him earn his spot.
XFLGUY
Quarterback

Post by XFLGUY »

According to Manziel, whose FB account is now back up, he just loves trolling..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/41252095
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

XFLGUY wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:02 pm According to Manziel, whose FB account is now back up, he just loves trolling..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/41252095
All you young guys do that shit. 😜
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.