Zorn didn't know his XFL play calls were being broadcasted on air

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Zorn didn't know his XFL play calls were being broadcasted on air

Post by 4th&long »

Jim Zorn didn't know his XFL play calls were being broadcasted on air
Zorn was speaking to an audience of over three million people

>> "I think it gave a fan a chance to hear and see something they've never heard before, but I felt very exposed," Zorn said. "Information on a football team has to be guarded a little bit, so we just got it right out there. I know it had to be fun for everybody, but not super fun for me to reveal all that stuff. But I was glad I didn't stutter or fumble the play calls." <<

Very interesting...
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: Zorn didn't know his XFL play calls were being broadcasted on air

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

I think that's a misinterpretation of that quote.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Zorn's an offbeat dude. I wouldn't assume anything he said is as straightforward as it might look in print. We all knew his calls were going to be broadcast. I don't see how it's possible that he didn't as well.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

I'm not sure where that quote is from, but on the Jim Zorn Show, he said something like "It makes coaches a little nervous...you don't realize that information is being broadcast about a formation or a play". I think he knows it's being broadcast but it's something he (coaches) is not thinking about when trying to get a play and information in to the players.

He also mentioned that teams may go to a wristband and just call in a number. Yesterday, these pics were on twitter. Looks like they will be using the wristbands

The Jim Zorn Show with John Clayton

It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?