Any word on what the championship game will be called?

XFL Football discussion.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: Any word on what the championship game will be called?

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

XFLGUY wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:47 pm so will this be considered XFL Championship II or will the first XFL Championship game be ignored and this one be considered the first?
I think they're going by year (2020 XFL Championship, 2001 XFL Championship, etc.) to avoid any ambiguity. As far as I'm concerned, this year, it's the 2nd XFL Championship.
Arlo83
Kicker

Post by Arlo83 »

when he passes away I'm sure it will be renamed after VKM but he's too controversial right now to have him attached to the XFL Championship. few years down the road yes not now.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

My personal fav is the X-Bowl, course we had that shootout a few months ago.

The other Vince trophy.

The XFL Cup.

The Great Bowl.
ozzies09tc
Receiver

Post by ozzies09tc »

The Owen Hart Trophy
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

MGB01 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:09 pm My personal fav is the X-Bowl, course we had that shootout a few months ago.

The other Vince trophy.

The XFL Cup.

The Great Bowl.
Yup! X Bowl!!!

The Vince Trophy absolutely!!!

It should incorporate something with the original trophy, likely the “X”. Maybe include the team ball color in it for the winner?
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

GregParks wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:09 am
LeoNY wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:50 am Part of me wants it named after McMahon because it’s his vision, and more importantly money that is paying for all of this to exist. He created a league everyone mocks him for and is paying close to a thousand employees. None of this is possible if not for McMahon taking the risk.
I get that, but we're talking about the guy who doesn't even want inductees to thank him publicly at the WWE Hall-of-Fame ceremony. So I'm not sure he'd sign off on naming the trophy after him.
You are right Greg. McMahon not wanting anyone to thank him at the Hall of Fame, sort of speaks a different narrative about his perceived ego.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

If the trophy gets named after Vince McMahon it's going to spark a ton of controversy, due to his indiscretions.
TravelJack
Linebacker

Post by TravelJack »

MikeMitchell wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:26 am
GregParks wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:09 am
LeoNY wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:50 am Part of me wants it named after McMahon because it’s his vision, and more importantly money that is paying for all of this to exist. He created a league everyone mocks him for and is paying close to a thousand employees. None of this is possible if not for McMahon taking the risk.
I get that, but we're talking about the guy who doesn't even want inductees to thank him publicly at the WWE Hall-of-Fame ceremony. So I'm not sure he'd sign off on naming the trophy after him.
You are right Greg. McMahon not wanting anyone to thank him at the Hall of Fame, sort of speaks a different narrative about his perceived ego.
Hi @MikeMitchell!  Did you ever get any luck acquiring games from the XFL 2001 season?  I'm searching for good quality full games to transfer to digital for preservation on the 'XFL Project' YouTube channel.  I'm doing what I can to restore and preserve the stuff that's already on YouTube, but if I can find better quality stuff out there, I'd love to try to get good digital transfers.  I wish WWE / NBC / whoever would release the footage for people who want to watch it. 
Thanks,
Jack
BattleHawks
Running Back

Post by BattleHawks »

The Battlehawks Bowl
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Obvious one is United Bowl

Another is Spring Bowl

Or the fall back UFL Championship