Tough Loss - Week #1

Lumen Field, Seattle, Washington
Andibald
Head Coach

Tough Loss - Week #1

Post by Andibald »

Well, it looks like we won't have an undefeated XFL champion this year ;) . 9-1 is still pretty good!

I thought the team looked pretty good and had a great chance to win. Mistakes were costly. Silvers looked good at times but I can help but wonder if a more mobile BJ would have given the Dragons a better chance. Just saw a mobile Hou QB make a great play. I really like the mobile QB's. We may find out next week depending on Silvers ankle.

Hopefully the injured players who missed this week will be ready to go soon and the guys hurt in this game will recover quickly.

May have to look at kickers as well. The short kick and the line drive FG (that was taken off the board) don't leave me with much confidence.

Quite a few really good plays on both offense and defense but consistency and less mistakes will be the key to the next 9 wins.
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Firecop
Coach

Re: Tough Loss - Week #1

Post by Firecop »

I agree with you but I am additionally concerned about our WRs and DBs, we need to see improvement in those areas. SPecial Teams may not be so special at this point, some backbreaking plays.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Last edited by Andibald on Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

One thing that may hurt the Dragons this week... The ball spotter for this game was VERY slow. It took around 15 seconds to get the ball spotted at times. Assuming the ball spotter will be quicker next week, the Dragons may be in for a surprise. I hope they are aware of that.

Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Highlights.

I LOL at the intro. "the underdog visitors from Seattle...there all business (showing players dancing in locker room :D )"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwscWHMFkiE

Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Firecop wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:30 am I agree with you but I am additionally concerned about our WRs and DBs, we need to see improvement in those areas. SPecial Teams may not be so special at this point, some backbreaking plays.
I think the DBs did well at times but seemed to let guys get open on extended plays. They seemed to come up to support the run very well. That long TD down the sideline was pretty bad, though.

The WR don't seem to have a lot of speed but that may have been the field. Both teams looked a little slow. The players looked much faster in the second game on the new turf in Hou.

With the number of TEs on the roster and the 3 headed RB group, the WR are(?) more complimentary. Proehl was really good, though. Looking at the stats, Seattle didn't run the ball enough this week.

Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Agreed!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Andibald wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:25 am
The WR don't seem to have a lot of speed but that may have been the field. Both teams looked a little slow. The players looked much faster in the second game on the new turf in Hou.

With the number of TEs on the roster and the 3 headed RB group, the WR are(?) more complimentary. Proehl was really good, though. Looking at the stats, Seattle didn't run the ball enough this week.
I was hoping that BJ would win the starting QB job but was hopeful that Silvers could get the job done. I think he did OK but watching that fumble near the end of the game, made me wish BJ was in there. Even Silvers could have scored had he kept the ball (maybe he was trying to?), but I think BJ walks in.

Of course, we haven't seen him much in practice and only the one play at the end of the game, but his mobility should be a major plus in this league. Cardale Jones had enough mobility (and strength) to run a few times and buy time for his receivers to get open. I think BJ can do some of that as well.

He could also open up the run game. The Dragons ran well in limited opportunities but were very pass heavy. Some of that was because of the 12pt deficit but some of that deficit was because of the passing game (slippery field conditions didn't help). They have some good RB's,seem to want to utilize the TE (they have quite a few on the roster), and the receivers needed some help getting open. Get the ground game working and hello play action passes.

We'll see how Silvers ankle is doing, but it would be nice to see at least some of what BJ can do in a game.