Any updates on ticket sales?

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Any updates on ticket sales?

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:46 pm Umm, I doubt there was meaningful impact either way. But if anything, I'd think the effect would be negative -- I think enthusiasm for one team helps the adjacent teams more than it hurts, and visa versa.

I don't - people may be 'Astros cheated - screw them I'll go elsewhere'
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Right. Or "my favorite team cheated. I feel stupid for caring about sports. I'm going to go watch Netflix instead."
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

It might be a sort of escapism in Houston's case, given that in the last month they've had:

The Astros
Texans blowing a 24-0 lead in one single quarter
The Harden scare

One of the reasons the Sounders were so big right out of the gate was the worst era ever in Seattle sports (Hawks cratering, Mariners flopping, Sonics gone, UW 0-12).

So, it could happen.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:45 pm
One of the reasons the Sounders were so big right out of the gate was the worst era ever in Seattle sports (Hawks cratering, Mariners flopping, Sonics gone, UW 0-12).

So, it could happen.

Exactly.

Which is why with 2 NY FB under 500, and Wash Redskins a CF, it may open people up if those XFL teams play solid.
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

From the people running the Renegades Facebook. They are telling people that they are expecting a sellout or near sellout of the lower bowl for Sunday. They said that new tickets should be realeased on game day at the box office, but they’d likely be bleacher seats and restricted view seats.

No mention of the upper decks though.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Opening the upper deck means you need ushers, cleaners, etc, whereas the obstructed views don't.

That's awesome. I think there's a lot of value in capping in the attendance and turning people away. Good for Dallas.
starsfan24
Running Back

Post by starsfan24 »

Metallifreak10 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:59 pm From the people running the Renegades Facebook. They are telling people that they are expecting a sellout or near sellout of the lower bowl for Sunday. They said that new tickets should be realeased on game day at the box office, but they’d likely be bleacher seats and restricted view seats.

No mention of the upper decks though.
Must've been some of the bleacher seats they released today on ticketmaster. They went fairly fast. Although most were scalpers as they all ended up back on the map at much higher prices unfortunately.

EDIT: Looking at the map of the Renegades tickets, non re-sale, it's getting very close to a sell out.
RENEGADES SZN (2-1)
Dallas Stars (37-20-6)
Chicago Cubs (0-0)
LA Lakers (44-12)
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

DC looks like it's nearly a sellout!?
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:57 pm DC looks like it's nearly a sellout!?
Dang, your right. There weren’t that many available as of last night when I last looked. Is it possible scalpers may have taken the last available tickets? Most of the tickets that were available last night were the top 3 tiers. Maybe they might be selling them for under face value to fully pack the house? Or is that wishful thinking?
starsfan24
Running Back

Post by starsfan24 »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:57 pm DC looks like it's nearly a sellout!?
There’s only singles left in 6 different rows. This is from the Defenders tickets. Still some resale on Ticketmaster but the team is on the verge of selling it out.
RENEGADES SZN (2-1)
Dallas Stars (37-20-6)
Chicago Cubs (0-0)
LA Lakers (44-12)