Landry Jones out 4-6 weeks after injuring left knee in practice

XFL Football discussion.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Landry Jones out 4-6 weeks after injuring left knee in practice

Post by MikeMitchell »

Dallas Renegades QB Landry Jones sustained a left knee injury during Monday's practice at the team’s training camp. Jones will continue to be evaluated by the Renegades' medical staff.
"We are sorry to see Landry sidelined for the next 4-6 weeks and are hopeful he will heal quickly and be back on the field at our opener, if not just shortly after,” Renegades head coach and general manager Bob Stoops said. “Landry is the leader of our team and will continue to play that key role.”
Tank55
MVP

Re: Landry Jones out 4-6 weeks after injuring left knee in practice

Post by Tank55 »

Ah, that sucks. Hope Luke Falk's cell phone is on and fully charged. Philip Nelson sure knows how to pick his backup jobs though.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Tank55 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:52 pm Ah, that sucks. Hope Luke Falk's cell phone is on and fully charged. Philip Nelson sure knows how to pick his backup jobs though.
I suppose my crazy suggestion of coaxing Sam Bradford into the league wouldn’t be viable. Perhaps if Landry’s injury was season ending. We can forget about Johnny Manziel with Moose involved.

Falk is not a bad call. Moose could work the phones.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

LeoNY wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:22 pm
Tank55 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:52 pm Ah, that sucks. Hope Luke Falk's cell phone is on and fully charged. Philip Nelson sure knows how to pick his backup jobs though.
I suppose my crazy suggestion of coaxing Sam Bradford into the league wouldn’t be viable. Perhaps if Landry’s injury was season ending. We can forget about Johnny Manziel with Moose involved.

You know what? Another trade by Dallas is not out of the realm of possibility. Not sure if they would go for it but..... The Guardians just added a fourth quarterback in Chad Kanoff. Marquise Williams was in San Antonio with Daryl Johnston in the AAF. I could see Daryl making the call to New York to check on his availability.

The guy, I would trade for is Tyree Jackson. DC would probably ask for a lot though in return.

Sam Bradford is the richest free agent in NFL history. He's a lot like Brock Osweiler in that he doesn't even need to play anymore. Plus, Bradford has a ton of history with injuries himself.
nick1091
Running Back

Post by nick1091 »

Somewhat related, I’m sort of surprised that more teams didn’t go to camp with a 4th QB even as just a “camp arm,” in case of these type of issues.

I know spots are of a bit more import considering you can only bring 70 to camp vs 90 in the NFL, but it seems odd to see TB with 14-15 receivers on the roster against 3 QBs, one of which is also listed as RB.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I would pass on Sam Bradford. He has horrible knees.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

LeoNY wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:22 pm

#FreeManziel
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Post by XFLInSTL »

This really sucks. Nelson should be just fine though, despite playing the Battlehawks defense in Week 1. Hope Jones comes back and performs strong.
St. Louis Battlehawks
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

It's never a good thing to see arguably your marquee name go down in practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game, we talkin' 'bout practice. :D

I guess it's a good thing that they went with Seattle/DC for the first game. On the bright side, if Jones is back a few weeks into the season that could give the ratings a little bit of a bump at a time when they usually start to slip.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

It must of been a freak type of thing, no one is doing anymore than putting hands on a QB. It's a dang shame though, I hope he mends quickly.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair