XFL.com 12/26 Updated Rosters

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: XFL.com 12/26 Updated Rosters

Post by GregParks »

jamesdecker wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:21 pm They made some ninja-edits to the roster pages.

Some of the new additions are now missing.
Whether they prematurely announced their additions or they have already been waived, I don't know.

BattleHawks Gone:
  • Daniel Braverman, WR, Western Michigan
  • Sean Hickey, OG, Syracuse
  • Charles Tuaau, DT, Texas A&M-Commerce
  • Brandon Watson, OT, Mid-American Nazerne
Roughnecks
  • Marcus McDade, QB, Sacramento State
  • Steve McShane, RB, Western Illinois
  • Toby Weathersby, OT, Louisiana State
  • Devonte Williams, CB, Texas A&M-Kingsville
I hope it’s just premature announcements because if those players are truly no longer (or never were) with teams, some of the things I discuss on the XFL Xtra podcast dropping tomorrow will suddenly be irrelevant :lol:
@gregmparks
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

GregParks wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:27 am
jamesdecker wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:21 pm They made some ninja-edits to the roster pages.

Whether they prematurely announced their additions or they have already been waived, I don't know.

BattleHawks Gone:
Roughnecks
I hope it’s just premature announcements because if those players are truly no longer (or never were) with teams, some of the things I discuss on the XFL Xtra podcast dropping tomorrow will suddenly be irrelevant :lol:
Listened to your interview on the XFL Xtra podcast this morning. It was a good listen. There’s no shade on you for all these ambiguous roster moves that seem to be subject to change on a daily basis.

I like your points about localized training camps. I keep thinking that since Houston has been the friendliest of all the XFL markets. I think that they might get the championship game.
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

MikeMitchell wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:59 pm I like your points about localized training camps. I keep thinking that since Houston has been the friendliest of all the XFL markets. I think that they might get the championship game.
I've thought for a while that Houston was the spot, too. Then just have the championship at different XFL cities in future years like the NFL and CFL. I don't see why so many people think the championship game needs to be in a non-XFL city.
St. Louis BattleHawks
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

SamTheRam28 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:50 pm
MikeMitchell wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:59 pm I like your points about localized training camps. I keep thinking that since Houston has been the friendliest of all the XFL markets. I think that they might get the championship game.
I've thought for a while that Houston was the spot, too. Then just have the championship at different XFL cities in future years like the NFL and CFL. I don't see why so many people think the championship game needs to be in a non-XFL city.
St. Louis BattleHawks President Kurt Henzeker hinted that the XFL would be having its championship game in one of the XFL cities. St. Louis could be the spot.

However Houston is a possibility as well. The league is already building up equity with the city with all their teams there for January’s training camp. There are built in venues for a week of practice leading into the championship if necessary. The XFL should be all over the Houston media during January. The entire league will be promoting the XFL during that month. The Sports Authority in Houston has already been a great partner to Oliver Luck and the league. The weather should be pretty nice. If it’s TDECU, it’s a moderately sized venue at 40k. I can definitely see Houston as the site for the championship game in year one.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

The Houston Roughnecks roster that is now on xfl.com is dated 27 Dec. All other team rosters are still dated 26 Dec... however they are not time stamped. They could have changed.

Maybe things are even more fluid than we thought.

I believe some players are still unsure of whether they want to sign an XFL contract, or wait for an NFL opportunity. They are one foot in, and one foot out. For example, on Friday I messaged one of the Houston players on the list of missing players above. He indicated he had just signed with the XFL, however that was all he was willing to tell me, as I asked him for an interview and he ghosted me. Now I see he is off the roster.

I think he knew he was not going to commit... or someone figured out that they deal was not done yet and he came off the roster. Maybe next week the deal gets done and he goes back on the roster.

It's no wonder the XFL didn't want to distribute any rosters. Too much change.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

The word was that all XFL players who participated in training camp had physicals and then signed contracts before practicing. You can’t practice without having signed a contract.
jamesdecker
Kicker

Post by jamesdecker »

BattleHawks Gone:
Roughnecks
As of 12/31, those players are all back on the roster pages.

New players:
  • Guardians, Adrian Bellard, OT, Texas State
Missing players:
  • Guardians, Connor Strachan, LB, Boston College
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

jamesdecker wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:09 pm

BattleHawks Gone:
Roughnecks
As of 12/31, those players are all back on the roster pages.

New players:
  • Guardians, Adrian Bellard, OT, Texas State
Missing players:
  • Guardians, Connor Strachan, LB, Boston College
The Guardians informed me on Monday that Connor Strachan has been released and that Adrian Bellard has been brought back to take the open roster spot.

Also, Zac Kerin is on the teams reserve list. No specifics on whether that is injury related or just a leave of absence.