Seattle Team Name Selected

Lumen Field, Seattle, Washington
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Seattle Team Name Selected

Post by MikeMitchell »

In an interview with Cliff & Puck on Radio row. XFL Commissioner Oliver Luck stated that The Seattle team name has been selected but joked that he would have to shoot Cliff and Puck if he told them what the name is. The hosts told Luck to make sure the name is not The Seattle Kraken. A name that is supposedly a popular city choice for Seattle’s upcoming NHL team.
tshanks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Seattle Team Name Selected

Post by tshanks »

I believe all the team names are now selected, and the league is preparing for a launch in March. In the meanwhile they are getting logos and colors prepared and getting ready to produce merchandise. It takes time.
Lover of the game, and looking forward to Spring football. Reporting on the XFL.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

tshanks wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:47 pm I believe all the team names are now selected, and the league is preparing for a launch in March. In the meanwhile they are getting logos and colors prepared and getting ready to produce merchandise. It takes time.

I just hope the team names are better than the AAF's. Nothing against their names, but some like the Legends are boring. Also I hope that they come out with all the names and stuff at once so that people can pick their teams as soon as possible. Waiting another month to pick a team can hinder the building of fanbases to a degree. I think mid-March before March Madness the team names will come out. Also I think the names will "leak" like every other announcement they make.
Ready for the team reveals...again
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

XFL_FAN wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:43 pm I think the names will "leak" like every other announcement they make.
In 2000, the leaking of the team names by "XFLFAN" lead to outrage toward the proposed name "Birmingham Blast", because of historical bombings in Alabama. This allowed the league to quickly change the name to "Thunderbolts", as it fit the logos they had prepared.
I hope you aren't the same "XFLFAN" that was chastised in that 18-year old article? :D If so, I apologize.

I don't expect this version of the XFL to be so careless, however when the names leak the XFL can gauge the response and act accordingly.
Last edited by MarkNelson on Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

mnelson wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:59 pm
XFL_FAN wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:43 pm I think the names will "leak" like every other announcement they make.
In 2000, the leaking of the team names by "XFLFAN" lead to outrage toward the proposed name "Birmingham Blast", because of historical bombings in Alabama. This allowed the league to quickly change the name to "Thunderbolts", as it fit the logos they had prepared.
I hope you aren't the same "XFLFAN" that was chastised in that 18-year old article? :D If so, I apologize.

I don't expect this version of the XFL to be so careless, however when the names leak the XFL can gauge the response and at accordingly.
No need to apologize, that wasn't me. I just picked XFL_FAN because I'm currently a fan of the XFL, not any XFL team. Apparently my username has some history I didn't realize it had. Pretty funny :lol:
Ready for the team reveals...again
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

mnelson wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:59 pm

I don't expect this version of the XFL to be so careless, however when the names leak the XFL can gauge the response and act accordingly.
What a flashback. The Blast controversy. I see some fans suggest Wildfires for LA and Hurricanes for Houston. Cool sounding names but those would never fly in today's world.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

On the flip side, I think a name that referenced things like that in a respectful way would be applauded. Like "Hotshots" in the AAF. Something like that would've been perfect for an LA team.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

ShermanLok wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:41 pm Then we can nickname them Sounders. Sounders has to be the nickname.

Ive only been a fan of this team for a year and I want to somehow have a connection to Seattles soccer past. Doesnt that say something?
The current MLS team is named the Sounders.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Well that's next to useless information from Luck, what was the point of that? It's beginning to feel like the fans are being unnecessarily teased. It would have bend better to say NOTHING!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
claych2
Rookie

Post by claych2 »

After today's peak of team logos, I think it's official that it's the Seattle Dragons.
IMG_20190818_125936.jpg
IMG_20190818_125936.jpg (26.36 KiB) Viewed 4153 times