Seattle Team Names?

Lumen Field, Seattle, Washington
Andibald
Head Coach

Re: Seattle Team Names?

Post by Andibald »

Here's another...

Seattle Sea Stars

It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

More...

Seattle Squadron

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Ha! Reminds me of these Navy helmets:

2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Seattle Squadron Uniform:

Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Well, if we are giving a nod to Boeing and its historical ties to Seattle, it could be the Seattle Bombers or something more specific like the Seattle B-17s or B-52s. The Seattle Supersonics were named for Boeings' SST concept aircraft. Of course there was also Pacific Car & Foundry that made railroad cars and Army tanks in WWII, not sure how you'd tie that in. As long as they don't name it for Starbucks and lattes I'm OK with it.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Firecop wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:40 pm Well, if we are giving a nod to Boeing and its historical ties to Seattle, it could be the Seattle Bombers or something more specific like the Seattle B-17s or B-52s. The Seattle Supersonics were named for Boeings' SST concept aircraft. Of course there was also Pacific Car & Foundry that made railroad cars and Army tanks in WWII, not sure how you'd tie that in. As long as they don't name it for Starbucks and lattes I'm OK with it.
I think I do prefer the "Seattle Bombers". I like the old logo Image but an updated one would be fine also.

Maybe an updated version of this
Andibald wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:30 am Seattle Bombers (Emerald Bombers or Sea Bombers)

http://www.gnfafootball.org/seattlebombers.htm

Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

That old emblem actually doesn't look too bad; overall, it's held up well. The newer one is pretty cool too. I was noticing the names of the other teams in the old APFL, most of them war related which is to be expected given the year - 1944. I also noticed that they were playing in the old baseball stadium Sick's; never knew the ever played football there. I can't help but wonder what the XFL has chosen for a name and I can't imagine that they have come up with anything that hasn't been proposed on this thread.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Firecop wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:09 am I can't help but wonder what the XFL has chosen for a name and I can't imagine that they have come up with anything that hasn't been proposed on this thread.
Yes...excited and worried at the same time :|

Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Seattle Bombers

Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Seattle Emerald Bombers