A Seattle football legend is back in the game

Lumen Field, Seattle, Washington
Andibald
Head Coach

A Seattle football legend is back in the game

Post by Andibald »

King 5 NEWS - A Seattle football legend is back in the game

Z-Man :)

They're still hyping the 25 second clock like its 15 seconds faster than the NFL.

"We call him Z-Man," says wide receiver Austin Proehl.

Jim Zorn - or Z-Man, if you prefer - is back. And he's loving the excitement around this new team.

"I'm not surprised, just because we've got great fans here," Zorn says. "And I think there's a lot of curiosity."

Fans are tuning in to the new XFL, attracted by the game's pace.

Wide receiver Keenan Reynolds says, "It's quick, fast-paced, takes some getting used to."

For one thing, the play clock is a brisk 25 seconds compared to the NFL's 40.

"Everything has to happen at a faster pace," says defensive tackle Will Sutton.

Everything. Including play-calling from the coach.

"That's really the truth," Zorn says. "It is fast. To think of situation, field position, clock. It's hard. You've got to be right on it."
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Sounder
Coach

Re: A Seattle football legend is back in the game

Post by Sounder »

Just the whole idea of coaches being able to communicate with all of his skill players effectively eliminates the need to huddle....you only hear the qb barking out offensive line coverage....I love it....and it's here to stay. I would expect the NFL to adopt a form of that sometime down the road.
I wonder....after so much resistance....why the NFL players are finally caving on a 17th game and one more first round game per conference? Are they feeling a little heat maybe?
bordicide
Rookie

Re: A Seattle football legend is back in the game

Post by bordicide »

Sounder wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:04 pm
I wonder....after so much resistance....why the NFL players are finally caving on a 17th game and one more first round game per conference? Are they feeling a little heat maybe?
As much as I would like to believe that the XFL is causing a bit of 'itching powder' for the NFL, unfortunately, I think that there are other issues that are a bit higher on the scoville scale. Or did I totally misread your post and you meant some other heat source? After today's ping-pong match between dueling statements, I am not so sure that the entire player base is caving. Something is gumming up the works, and a 6-5 vote against recommending the very piece of paper those voters have just spent 10 months creating is perplexing. That 17th game, for whatever reason, is being painted as the gremlin.

Anyway, like Guy Fieri, I decided it was time to choose an XFL team, so Seattle it is. Love the way they play.