Week Two: Tampa Bay Vipers at Seattle Dragons

Lumen Field, Seattle, Washington
Sounder
Coach

Week Two: Tampa Bay Vipers at Seattle Dragons

Post by Sounder »

The weather for this game will be rain.....then more rain. So the 20-25k expected better come prepared. The roofing only covers the upper tier.
Sounder
Coach

Re: Week Two: Tampa Bay Vipers at Seattle Dragons

Post by Sounder »

I'm hoping Brandon Silvers won't be yanked just yet....I know we only got nine more games but last Sunday wasn't all his fault. Austin Proehl, while he scored the first ever XFL touchdown....fell down on the pick six. He looked sharp early on. Daniels just never blew me away as a Seahawks backup. He might do better in this league but let's give Silvers another week. He has a new weapon in SJ Green.
And let's open it up a little more Zorn....kinda like when it was you and Largent back in the day.
JeanDavidNau
Linebacker

Post by JeanDavidNau »

Yeah, that pic 6 wasn't his fault. He sure looked better than my boy Arron Murray. Looked more like a milk snake than a viper. Hope he can get it together a douse the Dragon's fire this week. Good luck... 🐍
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Sounder wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:07 pm I'm hoping Brandon Silvers won't be yanked just yet....I know we only got nine more games but last Sunday wasn't all his fault. Austin Proehl, while he scored the first ever XFL touchdown....fell down on the pick six. He looked sharp early on. Daniels just never blew me away as a Seahawks backup. He might do better in this league but let's give Silvers another week. He has a new weapon in SJ Green.
And let's open it up a little more Zorn....kinda like when it was you and Largent back in the day.
If he's healthy, I'm good to stay with Silvers. I do like the mobility of BJ for this league, though. I guess it depends on how much of a difference there is between the two as far as running the offence as designed and accuracy.

As for opening it up, I'm not sure what you mean. I think they could have used the run more and they took plenty of deep shots.

I'm getting a bit nervous re SJ Green as he was scrubbed from the transaction page for 2-10-20. I am hoping it's because of paperwork or him getting to Seattle. There has been no corresponding move that I have seen to indicate that SJ Green is on the team.
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

For the Vipers.....qb Aaron Murray is questionable with a foot injury that he suffered at the hands (and total body weight)....of a Guardians defense that was seemingly draped all over him. So it looks as if we'll see Quinton Flowers....#9 on your program at quarterback. Coach Marc Trestman assures that Murray will not be Bledsoed or Flaccoed out of his job.....he remains the starter to the relief of Vipers faithful. But Flowers could bring a dimension for them that just like Daniels.... he's mobile.....but that doesn't mean he's dangerous.
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

No practice for Silvers today and no sign of SJ Green. Depending on SIlvers health, the Dragons may need to pick up another QB.

Injury Report 2-12-20

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Maybe Green gets traded to Tampa? And maybe Seattle is waiting until Monday to do that?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:54 pm Maybe Green gets traded to Tampa? And maybe Seattle is waiting until Monday to do that?
That sounds possible. The Dragons can use Saturday's game to see who they want to get in return. Could use an OL right now as 3 starters are out of practice today.

TrueViper
Receiver

Post by TrueViper »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:54 pm Maybe Green gets traded to Tampa? And maybe Seattle is waiting until Monday to do that?
We don't need him!

We have a more than capable backup and Murray was no good