Seattle Dragons General Discussion

Lumen Field, Seattle, Washington
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Seattle Dragons General Discussion

Post by GDAWG »

Firecop wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:58 am Apparently he is signed through Oct. 2020.
So he's not going to be able to sign with the XFL until 2021
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

That's my take on it.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Now that Doug Martin has been released by the Raiders.....I wonder first if he'll ever play again,. he does have some mileage on him ....if he would consider the XFL. Still though.....I'd prefer the Dragons build with younger hungrier players kind of in the Pete Carroll how to on building winning teams. Martin is actually the kind of player I'd like to avoid having in the league in large volume. That is.....a guy on the downside.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I agree for the most part; however, it is nice to have a couple of veterans in the locker room for leadership purposes. He wouldn't be my first choice though.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Ok, so absolutely nobody in the entire league gets a multi year contract then, at least to start. I wonder, would they provide any incentive at all to those who come back in say year 2 or 3? Even if they tried for the NFL and didn't make it? Kind of like a re-signing bonus.

I agree with yiu on QBs given Zorn and Riley in Seattle. Adams is kind of in the Russell Wilson mold and used to work out with him though. Might have been interesting.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Cardale Jones is off the market as he is now on the Seahawks PS.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Got called by the Dragons' front office folks toady to make some deposits for the upcoming season. Can't wait! Put my money where my mouth is - GO DRAGONS!
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I would like to see the Dragons, if not the entire XFL, "retire" their team (s)' # 1 jersey and give it to the fans much like the Seahawks did with their # 12 jersey.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I've had some pretty good conversations with the Dragon's front office. Obviously, I got my season tickets but also discussed some other things we'd like to see. I guess they've even taken the retiring number one Jersey idea up the chain to see if it flies.sure seems like an easygoing group to work with. Can't wait for the Dragon's home opener.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

It is encouraging to see that the Dragons received an overall rating of B+ for their draft. An A for QBS and an A+ for the secondary if I remember correctly.