DiNucci improving

Lumen Field, Seattle, Washington
4th&long
MVP

Re: DiNucci improving

Post by 4th&long »

Firecop wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:23 pm I understand, bad reads, and I understand receivers, jumping routes. What I do not understand is in that situation with some short, dump off passes or running the ball why on earth he decided to throw into the coverage! there was no need for a last desperate Killshot, all you had to do was run time off the clock, indefensible IMO.
Your point is dead on... DiNucci can be a buzz kill and June Jones should know by now to take the ball out of his hands too. Not sure what he was thinking but run clock and punt is what likely should have been called.
SD can't afford that type mistake against Houston. Having said that I'm taking Seattle... :shock: :mrgreen:
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

So much for Dinucci improving, he cost us a minimum of 6 points and a maximum of 18!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Same guy. Makes big plays and big mistakes.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Yea, so how do you stop it? That’s what Hasslet has to be wondering.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

You play somebody else. I'm reminded of this anecdote from Rich Gannon:
When former Chiefs coach Marty Schottenheimer approached Gannon on the sideline during his first minicamp practice with Kansas City in 1995, after he had thrown a tough-luck interception during an otherwise perfect 7-on-7 period, he gave the quarterback a stern warning, the kind Gannon had never heard in seven NFL seasons:

"If you don't take care of the football, you won't play here."
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/353 ... ly-planned

How bad is Montez?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Montez was good at Colorado, but we have only seen him on 3 plays in game one, so who knows? To be fair to DiNucci, after reading up on some stuff, it does appear that Josh Gordon gave up on a timing pass-Go Route and hung DInUcci (and the ball) out to dry. There seems to be a disconnect between the two as it has been reported that Gordon has run some incorrect routes.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Firecop wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:15 pm Montez was good at Colorado, but we have only seen him on 3 plays in game one, so who knows? To be fair to DiNucci, after reading up on some stuff, it does appear that Josh Gordon gave up on a timing pass-Go Route and hung DInUcci (and the ball) out to dry. There seems to be a disconnect between the two as it has been reported that Gordon has run some incorrect routes.
less weed, more read is the need... for Commissioner Gordon
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Week 7, once again DiNucci throws an INT in the center of the end zone. He’s a very slow learner as this is about the fourth time he has thrown an interception in the end zone in the exact same location. He needs to limit himself to those corner back of the end zone Passes.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Sunday’s North Division’s game result will likely rest in Dinucci’s hands, for better or worse. If he can prevent any costly game breaking turnovers i.e. mid end zone int.s, Seattle will win this. If not, well it was a fun season!