Dragon News

Lumen Field, Seattle, Washington
Andibald
Head Coach

Dragon News

Post by Andibald »

I'm glad to see Toomer is in town. Battle and Mwehla should help the offense.

Toomer happy to ‘just play football again’
“I’ve got to get my feet under me, get my technique sound and just work on my tools, getting off blocking, getting into the swing of things,” he said. “When you’re at home, you don’t do a lot of that. I’m just getting adjusted. I want to make sure I can play Saturday. That’s my goal.”
Mwehla, Battle are healthy and ready to play

https://www.xfl.com/en-US/tag?id=5dc5b ... ns%20News
For the offensive tackle and receiver, it was an opportunity to finally join their teammates for a full practice for the first time since training camp.

Each player has been rehabbing an injury that kept them out of the team’s first three games and both were able to put on pads and helmets for the first time seven weeks when the team began its on-field preparations in advance of the team’s trip to St. Louis on Saturday for a 2 p.m. matchup with the BattleHawks.
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Firecop
Coach

Re: Dragon News

Post by Firecop »

I love the Dragons and as a person, I really like Jim Zorn. As a coach, I am not so sure. He seems indecisive in his play calling and has caused delays in getting the plays in. I alsove think that he waited way too long in benching Silvers. In this 8 team, 10 game league you cannot wait for a QB to "develop". Where the heck did Mike Riley go? I think Zorn really needed another OC if Riley couldn't be there. Any way, just my thoughts and I really do like Zorn as a person, he just shouldn't be HC and OC
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

If the new ownership decides to re-align the league in some fashion or even downsize it, I am certain that Seattle will remain an integral part. I am excited to see what the new ownership's vision for the XFL is. I am not a WWE fan so I don't know what the relationship is between the Rock and Vince is like; could this purchase be a placeholder for Vince????

Regardless, I am excited to see the dragons return to the field and I hope all the other teams do too. That said, what about Birmingham?
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Former Dragons QB Brandon Silvers is in the TSL playing for the Conquerors. He had a pretty good game this past weekend.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

XFL Seattle is back and playing at Lumen Field, but are they still the Dragons? Time will tell. I think our best hope is that they keep the Dragons name, but will likely modify the logo and unuforms. Hopefully, not so much so that all our previous merchandise purchases don't hit the trash heap!
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Firecop wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:10 am If the new ownership decides to re-align the league in some fashion or even downsize it, I am certain that Seattle will remain an integral part. I am excited to see what the new ownership's vision for the XFL is. I am not a WWE fan so I don't know what the relationship is between the Rock and Vince is like; could this purchase be a placeholder for Vince????

Regardless, I am excited to see the dragons return to the field and I hope all the other teams do too. That said, what about Birmingham?
Well now that Vince has stepped down from WWE ...he has plenty of time on his hands. I'd welcome his re-involvement if he wanted that.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Interesting Sounder; I wonder if Vince would ever consider buying a team?
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

Firecop wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:30 pm Interesting Sounder; I wonder if Vince would ever consider buying a team?
he he, never count Vince out. Never.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Yea, Vince is kinda like the villain in a slasher movie, you never can quite kill him off! :
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

There's no chance* he's coming back as an individual team owner. He's either running the show or he's out. Buying the league out of yet another bankruptcy? That's at least plausible.

*No chance in hell.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion