Team Branding, Name, Logo

The Dome, St. Louis, Missouri
Sounder
Coach

Re: Team Branding, Name, Logo

Post by Sounder »

As you may know......St. Louis was a contender for NFL expansion in 1993.....two years before the Rams arrived......the name was to be the Stallions.....the colors were to be purple and gold. The following are images from the original design..... these are not Sounder designs...... let's take a look back:
s-l300.jpg
s-l300.jpg (17.52 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
IMG_20190410_174818.jpg
IMG_20190410_174818.jpg (222.34 KiB) Viewed 23017 times
Talk about needing more work......
craig
Kicker

Post by craig »

It's apparent that the NFL and Denver used the St. Louis concepts as a guide when they designed the Broncos look back in the 90's.

Being from the St. Louis region, every time I saw the Washington Huskies take the field I thought of what might have been in St. Louis.

CB
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

craig wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:45 am It's apparent that the NFL and Denver used the St. Louis concepts as a guide when they designed the Broncos look back in the 90's.

Being from the St. Louis region, every time I saw the Washington Huskies take the field I thought of what might have been in St. Louis.

CB
Not bad really. The helmet for personal like would be cooler I think if there was a gold strip on the top. Just to add more pop.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Just think.....if the St. Louis Stallions would've been an NFL team......do the rams leave L.A. to begin with? Georgia Frontiere was a St. Louis native.....so that was an attraction for her.....as well as the sweetheart deal she recieved.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

Sounder wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:39 pm Just think.....if the St. Louis Stallions would've been an NFL team......do the rams leave L.A. to begin with? Georgia Frontiere was a St. Louis native.....so that was an attraction for her.....as well as the sweetheart deal she recieved.
If that happened I don't see where else the Rams would have moved too. Even more I think we still have the NFL team here. The bigger question would been if we had the superbowl win? Key players like Bruce would still been in LA or whatever the Rams would been at.
craig
Kicker

Post by craig »

If the St. Louis Stallions were brought into the League with the Carolina Panthers instead of the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Rams would have stayed in LA....for a while. Maybe they would have moved to Jacksonville, or San Antonio, or Las Vegas.

Maybe current Jags owner Shad Kahn would've eventually bought the Stallions. He made an offer to buy the Rams after Georgia's death before Stan Kronke took complete ownership.

We'll never know.

CB
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

And speaking of Shad Khan......did you know that he and his filthy rich family are the money behind the new "All Elite Wresting" promotion? It debuts in summer and provides major competition for Vince and WWE.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Sounder wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:47 pm And speaking of Shad Khan......did you know that he and his filthy rich family are the money behind the new "All Elite Wresting" promotion? It debuts in summer and provides major competition for Vince and WWE.
As a wrestling fan, I am aware of All Elite Wrestling. It's arrival has led to so many unhappy people in the WWE, but the thing that ruined WCW was it's over reliance on former WWE wrestlers. They should not sign everybody who is released from WWE, they need to pick and choose.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

Staying on subject of St. Louis football. I do remember The Khan family wanting to buy and I wish they did because maybe they wouldn't have moved out.
jcestl
Running Back

Post by jcestl »

Since the announcement that the St Louis HC/GM will be named on Thursday and they mentioned that the group responsible for helping bring a team to StL (Explore St Louis) it suddenly dawned on me that that might be the St Louis team name.....the Explorers.
They apparently want a name with local ties, and St Louis is the Gateway to the West, Lewis & Clark, etc etc.
Also, X-FL, X-plorers (although I'd prefer they just spelled it correctly)
I don't Love the name, but I don't hate it either....and I kinda feel that most people would feel the same...it's ok, not great, but not terrible. I bet most people could live with it. It ties a bunch of things together.
St. Louis Explorers!