Team Branding, Name, Logo

The Dome, St. Louis, Missouri
Tank55
MVP

Re: Team Branding, Name, Logo

Post by Tank55 »

It's not a good idea, per se, but I'd love it if they named the team the Spirits of St. Louis just to stick it to Bob Costas.

The real answer here is the St. Louis Centaurs, thus delivering on the promise of The 6th Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-mv3cKHlgc
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

Top vote getter for StL

St. Louis Stallions

It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

St. Louis area rapper Nelly has a group named "St. Lunatics"........ and I know it has been used by small sports leagues before...... So how about the St. Louis Lunatics? Not only has Stallions been overdone by every football league to ever exist ......it's being used now.
1383633137_High_Rez_to_fit_FB_1_.jpg
1383633137_High_Rez_to_fit_FB_1_.jpg (70.23 KiB) Viewed 7846 times
So c'mon and " Shake ya Tailfeather "
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

Sounder wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:22 pm St. Louis area rapper Nelly has a group named "St. Lunatics"........ and I know it has been used by small sports leagues before...... So how about the St. Louis Lunatics? Not only has Stallions been overdone by every football league to ever exist ......it's being used now.

1383633137_High_Rez_to_fit_FB_1_.jpg

So c'mon and " Shake ya Tailfeather "
There has never been a sports team called the St. Louis Stallions... And Lunatics is exactly what the XFL doesn't want, it's too much like Maniax, Xtreme, and Rage.
St. Louis BattleHawks
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Birmingham Stallions..... Baltimore Stallions.....Salt Lake Stallions........ I'm boooooorrrrrrred maan. Maybe it symbolizes something........ but puleeeeeze no more Stallions.
jcestl
Running Back

Post by jcestl »

I completely agree! NO STALLIONS!!!
BOOOORRRIING. All I can say is thank God Salt Lake got stuck with that lousy name so we most probably won't. Hated the idea back when NE almost moved to StL, still hate it. And we don't need a constant reminder of anything to do with the NFL. And that ugly uniform (purple and mustard...??? BARF!!
The only thing worse I've heard so far is Clydesdales. We don't need to be an advertisement for AB (INBEV whatever). Besides, it's a really klunky sounding name. DUMB
There are soooo many better ideas:
Sentinels
Crusaders
Ironclads even Piasas, Archers.....so many other possibilities.
NO STALLIONS!!
craig
Kicker

Post by craig »

I've suggested Kings.

But, my second choice would be Crusaders.

Again, it would be a reference to the man whom the city is named for.

The iconic King-on-his-horse statue of St. Louis would make for great imagery.

CB
XFLSTLOUIS
Receiver

Post by XFLSTLOUIS »

The focus on team branding has to be more than just the name. The name Archers is already the property of St. Louis Community College so that is out plus it is the a common name that really has limited branding potential. Yes we have a monument called the Arch but that has nothing to do with archery in any way.
The name crusaders will not be used due to the historical connection that it has with the crusades. Sentinels has no connection at all with the city and very limited branding capability. The name Kings name could work as it has a connection with King Louis of which our city is named after. Since Missouri is now the national training center for the magnificent Clydesdale horses this would be a great name and has great branding potential as St. Louis already has a strong feeling of pride regarding the Clydesdales. Kings or Clydesdales would work with a silver helmet (symbolic of the arch) and red and blue to go with the flag of St. Louis
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

XFLSTLOUIS wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:08 pm The focus on team branding has to be more than just the name. The name Archers is already the property of St. Louis Community College so that is out plus it is the a common name that really has limited branding potential. Yes we have a monument called the Arch but that has nothing to do with archery in any way.
The name crusaders will not be used due to the historical connection that it has with the crusades. Sentinels has no connection at all with the city and very limited branding capability. The name Kings name could work as it has a connection with King Louis of which our city is named after. Since Missouri is now the national training center for the magnificent Clydesdale horses this would be a great name and has great branding potential as St. Louis already has a strong feeling of pride regarding the Clydesdales. Kings or Clydesdales would work with a silver helmet (symbolic of the arch) and red and blue to go with the flag of St. Louis
That why I liked the Clydesdale's and the idea of there look sounds great. They are Iconic in St. Louis and not just because of AB but the Cardinals as well. Would be a great way to get a good welcome to the City.
craig
Kicker

Post by craig »

How about Admirals? Named for the art deco-style riverboat that graced the St. Louis riverfront for decades.

I envision a silver(aluminum) helmet with the St. Louis skyline---featuring the Gateway Arch---across the back of the helmet. Similar to the AAF's Commanders helmet that has the outline of the Alamo. One side of the helmet would have red numerals in the distinctive font used on the Admiral. Uniform striping would use the Admiral's window pattern for inspiration.

Team colors would be Aluminum Silver, Cardinal Red, and a dark grey.

CB
ADMIRALSt.-Louis-with-the-Gateway-Arch.jpg
ADMIRALSt.-Louis-with-the-Gateway-Arch.jpg (40.28 KiB) Viewed 7788 times